• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Matrix spotting issue
12-06-2007, 10:01 AM,
RE: Matrix spotting issue
I don't seem to have this issue major BS
here's a screenshot
[Image: fftest1.gif]

I've posted your note on the beta brigade forum for the other guys to look at it as well, but all appears to be fine in both of my tests.

which units exactly are doing this? perhaps this will help narrow the field.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2007, 10:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-06-2007, 10:14 AM by Major BS.)
Thanks for the quick turnaround Dev!

Your results are extremely puzzling to me.

The units that are having the problem are my Free French units, most specifically the infantry. Your screenshot looks exactly like the situation in my scenario EXCEPT, where your infantry have obviously spotted the Axis units, mine see only question marks. Kind of like the one that would be over my head right now if I were a cartoon character!
Major BS
12-06-2007, 10:30 AM,
send me your battle file with password although, I'm certain my OOB files are current in both my playing and testing copies as neither has been patched to the nest release yet, so this problem might not show up on my game.

perhaps you have a corrupt OOB file for the French units, I'll ask and see which one it is and we'll compare them
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
12-06-2007, 10:49 AM,
It wouldn't hurt to install the 1.02B TEMPORARY PATCH again, as it could be that a set of files were misplaced, or copied incorrectly.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
12-06-2007, 11:02 AM,
Just on the rubber raft issue, there are certain transport units...horses, motorcycles, tank riders and I guess rafts....which are extremely, even ridiculously, vulnerable....in that a blind 1 strength artillery hit will usually kill every single rider in the hex while peversely leaving the transport itself unharmed.

What the rationale is I don't know. I really do think it is an unintended bug in the code...something to do with triggering a retreat and being unable to do because it's loaded on the thing being ridden so the unit dies. Or something of that nature.
12-06-2007, 11:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-06-2007, 11:50 AM by Jason Petho.)
McIvan Wrote:Just on the rubber raft issue, there are certain transport units...horses, motorcycles, tank riders and I guess rafts....which are extremely, even ridiculously, vulnerable....in that a blind 1 strength artillery hit will usually kill every single rider in the hex while peversely leaving the transport itself unharmed.

What the rationale is I don't know. I really do think it is an unintended bug in the code...something to do with triggering a retreat and being unable to do because it's loaded on the thing being ridden so the unit dies. Or something of that nature.

You'll be happy to know that many of the soft targets like the ones you have listed above have been given a minor improved defensive benefit that reduces the 1 shot - kill all riders wonder. These changes will be effective with the 1.03 UPDATE.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
12-06-2007, 01:33 PM,
Dev - Check your inbox. I went ahead and sent the file but...

Jason - Thanks for the suggestion. I've re-installed 1.02b and it looks as if that solved my problem!

Thank you both again for your help!
Major BS
12-06-2007, 02:07 PM,
Good news, Jason, that's excellent :)