• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Large Post-War scenario
11-23-2007, 01:26 PM,
RE: Large Post-War scenario
Hello All,

I was able to download the scenario and it displays without issue.

There are a number of objectives listed as unknown on my display.

The have the point value and are surrounded by a night time gun flash.

No other notable issues as far as I can tell.

Thanx!

Hawk
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2007, 08:47 PM,
Jumbo Wrote:Hello Mike,

I downloaded this new scenario to my WF Matrix folder. I see all files for it are inside my WF folder. Just one big problem I'm having. When I select the scenario and open it up, I only get the nice big map. However there are no sign of units anywhere on the map? ... Certainly not my first time downloading a new scenario. Any suggestions for me to get this new scenario going?

Regards

Eric

Try the "save as" feature in the map edit function.
That works when you convert version 1.02 maps for use in EFII version 1.03. It may work in this case too?

Ed
11-23-2007, 09:28 PM,
Hello all,

have the files in my JTCS WF Folder, Temporary 1.02B Patch is installed. The scenario works, all units are shown. Have WinXP on my system.

I think Mike´s updated Kassel.map can´t run here!!! It´s for the DG Cold War Project.

Quote:Stefan, get a list of them together sometime, I will try to work at converting them, we would also need to adjust for 55 years of developement, etc for cities and the roads!
Ok, give me a little bit time, i will send you my favorites.

Stefan
I create and revise: Order of Battles, Table of Equipments, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (in work: DG Lebanon War 1982 - 1985, DG Falklands War and again CWE!)
11-23-2007, 11:36 PM,
Definitely looks interesting. On my new PC it moves fast so not size issues. What are the small square hexes with VP points in them? I see the normal oval ones but have not seen these before.

Also what would have been kick for this scn is bringing in German disbanded SS units as US reenforcements late in the scn.
11-24-2007, 07:46 AM,
Hey guys, the map included with the scenario is a WF map, indeed the one I used to convert to DG compatible Kassel map! The unusual objectives are what you get when you don't select a nation, they were supposed to portray un-owned objectives. There is one SE of Niedermollrich that was a bridge, but I forgot to delete it! I just noticed in the 3d modes that the unusual objectives are indeed the flash graphics! I don't play in that much, since I'm usually messing around with some huge concoction I've done or another, sorry 'bout that, won't happen again!! I would like to brush up some things in this scenario, mainly add river hexsides to all bridges, with medium/heavy hexside bridges in front, so they could be effectively "blown" if so desired, and fix the unusual objectives. Disbanded SS troops would be cool, or even some German troops of some type, but I would need all to use the JSGME swapper to do it. I would have to throw the German, now an Axis Nation, into an unused Allied Nation, no big deal, just some might think it too much hassle? Let me know. Me and Tiger88 are doing this one H2H, and just about to get things going, it's been road march time for a few turns, but it's about to get just downright nasty when we clash!! I'm very excited about this battle, I've never played one of my large ones against a person, I consider it a honor!! Would be a nice team-play scenario. I did one for EF 5 years ago or more when I first got the then new EF2 after the expansion disk, it invoved German Corps, and Hungarian units in 1944 against a huge Soviet unit, that one is a huge map also, called Whirlwind, maybe I might dust that one off too, hope I still have it.

Mike
11-24-2007, 08:46 AM,
Guys, I did some looking around and did in fact find the files, they had created a second folder in the file lists,, one I put them on my desktop and then back in the main lists,, it opened fine,,,

Fantastic looking battle, thank you for your efforts
11-24-2007, 09:17 AM,
Cool, glad you got it sorted out!! Have fun, bear in mind when playing it there are several turns before you actually will make any contact, me and Tiger88 are into turn 4 I believe, and are just about to get into it!

Mike