• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Large Post-War scenario
11-19-2007, 09:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2007, 10:20 AM by Warhorse.)
Large Post-War scenario
Hey all, I was messing around this weekend and made a large fictional scenario where the Soviets make a move against the allies in June 1945. It takes place near Kassel Germany, along the Elder River, it involves Marshal Rybalkas 3rd Guards Tank Army, and elements of the US 9th Army, along with a division each from the French and British. It's just a fun thing I did, with a lot of units, has some trains in it and such, would be good for a multiplayer game, it's 200 turns. This is a scenario for JTCS WF.

Mike

Attached Files
.zip   Raging Bear.zip (Size: 113.31 KB / Downloads: 74)
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2007, 10:04 AM,
RE: Large Post-War scenario
Mike,

i´ve just downloaded your scenario and what should i say - i´m very impressed :bow:.

The reason is very easy. I was born in Kassel and know the area. It lays south/south east from Kassel and it´s called "Schwalm Eder Kreis" - today.

I saw one little mistake, the village is named Ungedanken, not Ungedaner. Hope you forgive me this little reference :chin:.

Very impressing :bow:, from where do you know all this so exactly? Do you spent time there?

Regards,
Stefan
I create and revise: Order of Battles, Table of Equipments, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (in work: DG Lebanon War 1982 - 1985, DG Falklands War and again CWE!)
11-19-2007, 10:19 AM,
Hey Stefan!

Thanks for your kind words, and I shall fix the bad spelling! The map I referred to is an unclassified US Army map from the 1980's, I used an existing map I had made years ago, and it resembled the area I wanted! The scale isn't right, so please don't measure!!! BTW, the scenario is for WF, sorry I didn't mention that, DUH!!

Mike
11-19-2007, 06:53 PM,
Mike,

Quote:The scale isn't right, ...

... maybe! But it´s a good designed map. I recognized the area. Do you think you can adapt the map for the DG CW Mod?

Stefan
I create and revise: Order of Battles, Table of Equipments, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (in work: DG Lebanon War 1982 - 1985, DG Falklands War and again CWE!)
11-20-2007, 01:07 AM,
Stefan, start DGCW, open scen editor, new scen, navigate to your WF map folder and find this map. Then pick your CW OOB and continue. Should work.

I was able to use a WF map in DGVN.
11-20-2007, 05:33 AM,
Is there anyone out there that would like to play through this bad boy? If so - let me know which side you would like to play and lets rock!
11-20-2007, 08:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-20-2007, 08:37 AM by Warhorse.)
Ooh, I will!! It chokes my machine on AI turn, might be the trains, lets try it out H2H!! [email protected] Thanks man!! Oh, I'll be the Soviets, so go first and lets do this!!

Mike
11-20-2007, 09:26 AM,
Panther Wrote:Mike,

Quote:The scale isn't right, ...

... maybe! But it´s a good designed map. I recognized the area. Do you think you can adapt the map for the DG CW Mod?

Stefan

Hi Stefan,
I tried to open it in DG, but no joy, I will try to do a side-to-side remake, it will take some time, but I think it would be a cool map to have in your mod!!

Mike
11-20-2007, 09:33 AM,
Ok - I am working on my turn right now....damn - there are alot of units - LOL!

Looking forward to it Mike!
11-20-2007, 10:42 AM,
It took 15 min. in 2D Normal with FOW for the AI to run through the Axis turn. I have a 3 year old Compact Presario 3500+ AMD Athlon Processor and 1GB of memory. Not bad realy for so many units ;)

Gary
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman