• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Large Post-War scenario
11-20-2007, 10:47 AM,
RE: Large Post-War scenario
Figures, my old 2800 with 1ghz memory can't hang, I guess... H2H should be okay w/o redoing enemy turn. Thanks Gary.

Mike
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2007, 11:58 AM,
Panther Wrote:Mike,

Quote:The scale isn't right, ...

... maybe! But it´s a good designed map. I recognized the area. Do you think you can adapt the map for the DG CW Mod?

Stefan

Ok buddy, I figured out through a little trial and error how to convert the map from WF to DG using Wordpad, changed the code from one to the other, takes awhile but sure beats re-making it by hand!! You are welcome to use this map, I fixed the BAD name.Big Grin

I think using this method I can change ANY map from any game, as long as they all have the same terrain sets, which I believe they all do now!! It took a little over an hour, once I figured it out. Here's the map, enjoy!!

Mike

Attached Files
.zip   Kassel.zip (Size: 33.22 KB / Downloads: 5)
11-21-2007, 10:58 PM,
Oh guys,

two days without reading here and so many news Eek.

I knew that maps from other CS games doesn´t work with the DG engine, but don´t know the solution.

Mike, another great work, thanks a lot :thumbs_up:. In the eighties elements of the 2nd Panzergrenadier Division were in and arround Kassel stationed. I will try to create a playable scenario :stir:. Oh, my job is calling ... :scare: ...

see you later,
Stefan
I create and revise: Order of Battles, Table of Equipments, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (in work: DG Lebanon War 1982 - 1985, DG Falklands War and again CWE!)
11-22-2007, 07:32 AM,
Isn't that the way it always is?!! LOL!

I tried to convert an EF map to DG last night, wasn't right, but I was really tired, the EF doesn't have the NW Europe terrain, so it may not be possible at all, will try again!

Stefan, you are very welcome, I look forward to your scenario, I was going to do one involving the 7th Panzer, they were stationed in Unna for awhile early on, didn't know that about the 2nd, you can do yours, ok?

Mike
11-23-2007, 03:37 AM,
Quote:Isn't that the way it always is?!! LOL!

Hmmh, ... :( ... :rolleyes: ... :cheeky:. Yes.

Mike, i will give all my best, hope it is enough ;). There are a lot of well designed WF maps on german ground available. With a few updates they could use for the Post War area.

Stefan
I create and revise: Order of Battles, Table of Equipments, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (in work: DG Lebanon War 1982 - 1985, DG Falklands War and again CWE!)
11-23-2007, 03:58 AM,
Stefan, get a list of them together sometime, I will try to work at converting them, we would also need to adjust for 55 years of developement, etc for cities and the roads!

Mike
11-23-2007, 06:11 AM,
Hello Mike,

I downloaded this new scenario to my WF Matrix folder. I see all files for it are inside my WF folder. Just one big problem I'm having. When I select the scenario and open it up, I only get the nice big map. However there are no sign of units anywhere on the map? ... Certainly not my first time downloading a new scenario. Any suggestions for me to get this new scenario going?

Regards

Eric
11-23-2007, 06:16 AM,
Hmm, don't know why this is happening, but me and another fellow are having the same problem with Stefans modern battle scenario! Did you open the scenario in the editor also?

Mike
11-23-2007, 10:43 AM,
I downloaded all four files to my Matrix WF folder, but the scenario never shows up on the lists
11-23-2007, 11:15 AM,
It's 1945, did you use the date filter at all? It is the 3rd from the last on my machine with the date filter on.

Mike