• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Would you support giving POS his own area for Competitions that he could moderate himself?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I support this idea (comments below)
56.41%
22 56.41%
No, I do not support this idea (comments below)
20.51%
8 20.51%
I could care less.
23.08%
9 23.08%
Total 39 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Would you support POS having his own Competition Section?
11-17-2007, 09:35 AM,
RE: Would you support POS having his own Competition Section?
Bob Millard Wrote:So why not try it out for 6 months to see how things work out? As Leto pointed out, with RD looking over old spikers shoulder to ensure he stays within the guidelines of the club, I think it would work. At the end of the 6 months, if the senior mods thinks it's more trouble than it's worth, just pull the plug on the whole thing.
Let's put out some positive vibes dudes! Big Grin

Well said, Bob.
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2007, 01:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2007, 01:15 PM by Mad Russian.)
I can't see where Blitz has anything to lose by trying it and everything to gain.

If worst comes to worst, POS is shut down and you have the situation you currently already have.

If best comes to best the Challenge section draws new and old members together in an active section. I would expect POS's section to be VERY ACTIVE!

IMO, anything except the worst comes to worst is a win for the CM community.

Good Hunting.

MR
11-17-2007, 01:39 PM,
Wait wait wait everybody, I got an idea..:)
Forget all this 'special forum for POS' stuff, why don't I just pop back to Blitz from time to time to do another Challenge series or whatever?
There, that's settled then, i'll see you when I see you..:)
What do you think Ambassador Sarek?

"That is acceptable"
[Image: sarek.jpg]
11-17-2007, 09:46 PM,
I´d say go for it - give him a subforum - he did handle his tournament good. And he have those stunning screenshots!! So why not, I guess (and hope) the members would complain if it turns out that POS can't handle it, and that the moderators act accordingly.
11-17-2007, 11:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2007, 01:47 AM by RedDevil.)
Basically POS's last tourney forum is still there, but hidden because it was over as per our agreement before. I'm willing to change the name of it to something more generically appropriate and continue on as it was before.

IF the members and POS, feel I should allow POS to moderate this section, I can assign it to him only under the pretense that the other Mods
(Raz, Bill, Ivan, & I) who govern the CM area will still have authority in there just as much. We can however, oblige to stay out of things until something is occurring that is beyond the scope and spirit of things therein.

In regards to the previously mentioned PM that details numerous grievances and demands from POS, Needless to say, he needs to accept things as any other member here does. He is however,most welcome to ask for a tourney/competition section as described above, just as anyone else in the club has or is doing now in other communities around the Club.

I don't want anyone to think that I'm favoring POS here.. The Blitz welcomes anyone who derives effort to give back to the communities. The CS area and SP and HPS areas have dedicated tourney forums and personnel as well.
Some suggestions fall by the wayside due to lack of time and effort. The Staff here cannot do everything needed to make a suggestion work, if you make one, then it's your project, and your time and effort, that has to make it succeed. We can provide space and some tools, the rest is up to you.

Ask and ye can receive, but you must plow and sow your garden to feed the hungry.

** added.. I should also reiterate that there's no need for a poll for any member who asks to do something like this, they simply only need ask and present their plans to the Staff for acceptance
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard