• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Would you support giving POS his own area for Competitions that he could moderate himself?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I support this idea (comments below)
56.41%
22 56.41%
No, I do not support this idea (comments below)
20.51%
8 20.51%
I could care less.
23.08%
9 23.08%
Total 39 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Would you support POS having his own Competition Section?
11-16-2007, 01:27 AM,
Would you support POS having his own Competition Section?
I received an email from POS yesterday, and in it he had said that he had made some demands to the Blitz staff (on the whole, most of them were the same old stuff about getting rid of the rep system, thread star rating system and removing the letter "L" from the English language), and one of them was actually a pretty good idea.

The idea is this: Give POS his own competition section where he can post challenges, give him the title of blitz competition officer for CM, and allow him to moderate his own area, just like was done for Pripet Marshes.

POS is right about one thing, he does get a lot of views on his competition pages, and his beefs about 'hooligans' messing up his thread with unwanted posts would be his concern as a moderator, I think we could probably have some peace and quiet, everyone knowing in advance that POS would rule with an iron fist.

WE all know what POS is about, and I think that some people over estimate the enmity that some personalities at the blitz have with POS, as we all understand he is a goofy old sot who loves the bean. That being in mind, his contributions were welcomed by almost all here at the blitz due to the objective evidence of the mass viewing of his threads. I also think that it would really be good for the blitz (my main goal here).

So I pose the question, would you support this idea?

Cheers!

Leto
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2007, 01:32 AM,
RE: Would you support POS having his own Competition Section?
I for one support it. I think it would deal with a lot of the crap that moderators have been putting up with by allowing POS to moderate his own area, and with everyone knowing that in advance, create an understanding that any screwing around would be dealt with ruthlessly by POS, keeping him happy.

Hey, this guy is good for a laugh, he works hard and has lots of time to entertain us, makes interesting posts, and no matter what anyone thinks about him, he's very good at his own little slice of CM... Besides, the challenges were very popular and lots of people enjoyed them... especially new people... POS does take the new people under his wing and teach them the basics, you've got to admit.

Cheers!

Leto
11-16-2007, 01:42 AM,
I do not support special privelges for any one member. If he wants to play here let him follow the same rules as everyone, well almost everyone, here follows.
11-16-2007, 02:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2007, 06:37 AM by McIvan.)
I wouldn't go as far as giving him moderating privileges, but any member who devotes time and effort towards giving back to the community should be allowed to expand their frontiers as long as it's within the spirit of the Club.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
11-16-2007, 02:58 AM,
Whilst I recognise and appreciate the work POS puts in with regards research, the idea of him claiming yet another title and moderating his own board would make him insufferable.
11-16-2007, 03:51 AM,
I wouldn't mind POS having his own competition section. His tireless effort to the community is well established and I know some feel (and maybe rightly) that he does this to his own benefit...human nature...imho

Also, I don't mind POS moderating his 'competition section'. I view this the same as a thread...if someone starts a topic they're at the mercy of a 'distant' moderator to administer the thread. I think we've all seen too many 'hijacked' threads. At least I have...

The above; my opinion, nothing more. :rolleyes:
11-16-2007, 04:19 AM,
I see merit in your suggestion and I recommend that you set it up in the fashion you describe. I think POS can and has contributed alot to the game and he has a good sense of humor.

Those that do not want to access the POS page would not have to. So there is no downside. Those that want to deal with POS can and those that don't won't have to.

So let's do it. If it doesn't work out it can be re-thought-out.
11-16-2007, 05:04 AM,
A reminder to all those who vote against me -

You can run...
[Image: Luke1.jpg]

But you'll still end up spending a night in the box...
[Image: the-box.jpg]
11-16-2007, 05:33 AM,
I think this is an excellent idea.

POS has shown time and again that he is devoted to CM. So what if it's his brand of CM?

There is an off button on all our computers. If you go into POS's area you would know what to expect when you get there. If you don't like what POS talks about disagree with him. If you don't like his posts correct him. If you don't like all of the above just leave his thread/discussion area.

Good Hunting.

MR
11-16-2007, 05:54 AM,
Hey Doctor Zaius, what will people find if they enter my Forbidden Zone?

"Their destiny".."

[Image: DrZaius.jpg]