• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Would you support giving POS his own area for Competitions that he could moderate himself?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I support this idea (comments below)
56.41%
22 56.41%
No, I do not support this idea (comments below)
20.51%
8 20.51%
I could care less.
23.08%
9 23.08%
Total 39 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Would you support POS having his own Competition Section?
11-16-2007, 07:17 AM,
RE: Would you support POS having his own Competition Section?
Jobu88 Wrote:I would be all in favor, as long as we can provide an identical section hidden away from the main board for all the incessant nonsense about clickies.....

Dear Jobu88,

I am intrigued by your forward thinking ideas and would like to hear more. For instance, any thoughts on who might be suitable to moderate such a section?

Sincerely,
The Coil
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2007, 07:20 AM,
On topic boys, on topic.
11-16-2007, 07:26 AM,
I would be all in favor [REDACTED]

Spike's posts have been more valuable in demonstrating how the game's engine and basic mechanics work than anyone else I've seen & he merits his own section if anyone does. Give his his own realm and let him have at it. If it doesn't work, we can vote to impeach him.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
11-16-2007, 07:41 AM,
Absurd-ness is the current flavor of the month.. :)

I think we could do a trial of the forum idea and if it causes too much apathy then we'll simply have to take our lumps and shut it down.
The gamble might be worth it to energize the community a bit, as most other suggestions have never left the talk stage. (no offense to anyone who did make the suggestions)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
11-16-2007, 09:37 AM,
I say give old spiker a small area where he can run his tournaments and control the postings there. I would wager that section would become very popular with most of the members :)
So we got RD coming around to the idea, McIvan agrees and it seems so far most of the members like the idea also.
So old spiker, looks like there's a very good chance you've found a home at the Blitz :)
Give us your view on this mate (but no photos please :))
11-16-2007, 09:47 AM,
I agree let him have it BUT if he was to have moderation of his own forums it must be moderation and not the deletion of any posts that disagree with him.

He in turn must demonstrate a moderators mentality and not post attacks on others.

POS has his good and bad points and despite his views that the Blitz needs him he does offer a lot to the cm community so give him a chance. he Blit has survived before him and should he leave it will certainly survive beyond him.

the Blitz isnt just all about CM.
11-16-2007, 10:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2007, 11:43 AM by McIvan.)
Spike can I have your permission to post the pm you sent to me regarding your requirements to stay at the Blitz? I think it's germane to the discussion at hand don't you?
11-16-2007, 11:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2007, 11:45 AM by McIvan.)
Tanker Wrote:Spike can I have your permission to post the pm you sent to me regarding your requirements to stay at the Blitz? I think it's germane to the discussion at hand don't you?

I think maybe he sent that to everybody, so it may be that everyone has already seen it. A bunch of people, anyway...
11-16-2007, 11:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2007, 12:32 PM by McIvan.)
Stop working round the policy, Tank. Make your request to the member concerned by PM. If publishing a PM is not allowed, then neither is a public request that id's part of what was in the PM. Did I really have to spell that out?
11-16-2007, 01:36 PM,
McIvan Wrote:Did I really have to spell that out?

The lawyer in you did.

Good Hunting.

MR