• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Would you support giving POS his own area for Competitions that he could moderate himself?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I support this idea (comments below)
56.41%
22 56.41%
No, I do not support this idea (comments below)
20.51%
8 20.51%
I could care less.
23.08%
9 23.08%
Total 39 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Would you support POS having his own Competition Section?
11-16-2007, 05:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2007, 06:26 AM by McIvan.)
RE: Would you support POS having his own Competition Section?
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Hey Doctor Zaius, what will people find if they enter my Forbidden Zone?

"Their destiny".."

[Image: DrZaius.jpg]

[Please don't publish PMs, except with the permission of the person that sent it to you.]
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2007, 06:22 AM,
And don't forget this mail of mine to Leto -
--------------------------

In fact I thought of suggesting the same idea to Great White Chief Randy of having my own Competition/Training area, but my list of demands was already long so I didn't want to risk freaking him out and killing him by adding another.

Let's get one thing clear though, I'm not hanging round Blitz like some whining puppy begging to be let in; my view is this - Blitz needs me, but I don't need Blitz, there are plenty of other clubs around where I can strut my stuff, for example I've just started playtesting and screenshotting again at TPG, and I also contribute to Gamesquad and WPC. i'm kewl..

If Randy wants me and my stunning wit and intellect back, he's going to have to come knocking on my door with a good offer like the Comp/Training thing otherwise I'm not interested, he'll have ter get hisself another boy..
Right Master Po?

"Right grasshopper!"
[Image: poB.png]
11-16-2007, 06:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2007, 09:11 AM by McIvan.)
I am supportive of POS being a mod of his own tourney sub-forum. That is what already exists in the case of the Pripet Marshes comp.

If those competitions were to be a regular feature, then I guess it would amount to a semi-permanent area for Spike. That decision is above my pay grade, but that is my opinion on it. I think it would be a good thing to harness the undoubted energy that Spike has.

May I also say as a general statement of moderating policy that I will usually be most unhappy with people publishing the contents of private messages they have received on this public board, except of course if the sender has given permission; which is why a post in this thread has just undergone a severe gutting. If POS wishes to republish the message (as he was the sender), he is of course welcome to.
11-16-2007, 06:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2007, 06:38 AM by Fullhouse.)
This is Kafka meets Orwell.

There must be some absurd doublethink going on. Not that long ago POS was energetically and enthusiastically attacking this forum, its officers (in particular RD) and its members on another CM website and now he is being offered his own section on this very forum.

POS I want to see the compromising photos, Ocams Razor dictates that you must have them.
11-16-2007, 06:42 AM,
It's hardly being offered. An idea has been proposed, and opinions are being garnered....

Have a hard think about the Jekyll & Hyde character of Spike and you may have to admit that there are good qualities that could be well harnessed. The question is how.
11-16-2007, 06:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2007, 07:27 AM by Fullhouse.)
post edited under no duress to "meh whatever."
11-16-2007, 06:57 AM,
I don't see any harm in giving it a go, anthing that adds to the CM community is a good thing in my opinion. Just so long as the rules that pertain to the rest of the Blitz message boards would still apply to this new section.
11-16-2007, 07:02 AM,
{hirr}Leto Wrote:Hey, this guy is good for a laugh, he works hard and has lots of time to entertain us, makes interesting posts, and no matter what anyone thinks about him, he's very good at his own little slice of CM... Besides, the challenges were very popular and lots of people enjoyed them... especially new people... POS does take the new people under his wing and teach them the basics, you've got to admit.

I agree - he's worked hard to make this message board a fun and entertaining place to be. How it's administrated is of course a decision for others to make. But I support anyone who works hard to bring life to the boards. While Spikey and I have our differences of opinion, you've got to admit he's the most entertaining thing to hit this message board since...umm...I better end this sentence here.
11-16-2007, 07:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2007, 07:13 AM by Jobu88.)
I would be all in favor, as long as we can provide an identical section hidden away from the main board for all the incessant nonsense about clickies.....

Spike's posts have been more valuable in demonstrating how the game's engine and basic mechanics work than anyone else I've seen & he merits his own section if anyone does. Give his his own realm and let him have at it. If it doesn't work, we can vote to impeach him.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
11-16-2007, 07:13 AM,
I have been known to place the odd wager in my time. I would be willing to lay odds that this all ends in tears. [/align]