• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Normandy 44 Bunkers
11-15-2007, 10:19 AM,
RE: Normandy 44 Bunkers
I'd like to preface my remarks by stating that I'm just a casual gamer. I rarely look very carefully at the details. I have a feeling for what's balanced by play experience only, which is more than likely limited. When I play a game I like to feel I have a fighting chance at a draw, whether that is a historical result or not. VM, I really appreciate all the long and hard work that's done on these alt scenarios. I hear what you are saying about the Axis releases and peoples playing style. I was sure from the beginning that I was playing a more aggressive opponent in this 2nd round of tournament play and I wasn't sure whether you had changed the release of the axis or not. So I drop my comments about the axis release, although if you have preset defenses for 88's I can't see the axis moving them (but a game is a game), although I stand by the Allied not being subjected to a night halt in the smaller games. Thanks for all the work and listening to all the moaning (and all without pay!!!)
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2007, 10:20 PM,
Volcano Man, thank you for your work in this field it is greatly appreciated, whilst I cannot agree that these pillboxes could be manned to the extent I see them being manned. I did not understand that the early release of the Axis units is part of the game and is unalterable, in fact not your doing at all.
I now realize that there is nothing that can be done about it other than what you can do to lower the defense level of these boxes a little.
I'm sure some Axis players will not like this, but if we are not careful we are in danger of creating supermen and sometimes we have to compromise.
This seems a fair compromise to me and it will be interesting to see how it works out.
It was good to have this debate and see what others thought of the situation.
Regards to all,
Gordon
11-16-2007, 08:00 AM,
My appologies, I did not want to make it seem like I was crying out for sympathy. :( I guess I just wanted to keep everything in perspective. The good thing is that the tourney has given N44 attention that it otherwise has never received and, because of that, I will be making changes to N44_Alt based on the feedback here. We can then go from there but I think it will be a better, more balanced experience.
Send this user an email