• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Interesting
11-03-2007, 01:59 PM,
RE: Interesting
Mad Russian Wrote:
Panther Bait Wrote:Lord help the US Army, if they are basing their tactic on CMSF!! Eek

I can see it now.....

Sgt - "Sir, the enemy is massing on the roof of the house next door, but that building is 2 floors shorter than this one!!"

Lt - "Damn it all! We'll never get at them from this higher elevation. We'll have to abandon our postion. " Big Grin

Ah, but look at it from a different angle....

The US Army Lt. can make the map on the computer, pick his forces and move them out over what may well be his next mission in the morning.

The nice thing about it is that the Iraqi's can also buy the sim on the open market and they to can go into the editor and put together their little town and run the US patrol from the other side....

Now BF makes money going both ways....you see it's all about dollars...not where they come from.

Good Hunting.

MR

MR, the US Army or USMC have something better that this pos.

The opposition has already reconnoitered in person where the ambush or attack will be. They don't need some buggy game.
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2007, 02:12 AM,
Tanker Wrote:
Mad Russian Wrote:
Panther Bait Wrote:Lord help the US Army, if they are basing their tactic on CMSF!! Eek

I can see it now.....

Sgt - "Sir, the enemy is massing on the roof of the house next door, but that building is 2 floors shorter than this one!!"

Lt - "Damn it all! We'll never get at them from this higher elevation. We'll have to abandon our postion. " Big Grin

Ah, but look at it from a different angle....

The US Army Lt. can make the map on the computer, pick his forces and move them out over what may well be his next mission in the morning.

The nice thing about it is that the Iraqi's can also buy the sim on the open market and they to can go into the editor and put together their little town and run the US patrol from the other side....

Now BF makes money going both ways....you see it's all about dollars...not where they come from.

Good Hunting.

MR

MR, the US Army or USMC have something better that this pos.

The opposition has already reconnoitered in person where the ambush or attack will be. They don't need some buggy game.

I'm sure it wasn't intended to be a buggy game. I'm just talking about the intentions of the sales market. Any Lt. with a lap top can put his situation in CMSF.

Whether they ever make it work or not is another story.

Good Hunting.

MR
11-07-2007, 02:52 PM,
Okimaw Wrote:I don't know how many buyers were happy with the game even after the 1.04 patch but if this attached pic is as good as the graphics get then Suck Farce has a permanent place in my desk drawer.
No, the graphics are far, far superior to that...go visit the Battlefront website, plenty of screenshots available.
11-08-2007, 02:52 AM,
Rico (FGM) Wrote:Those numbers speak volumes...
I guess just another case of when companies have the arrogance to presume they know better than their customers... 'nuff said, the gamers have spoken.

QFT

Honestly what did BFC expect? They were told through out the development cycle that their customer base was not interested in a real-time based game, yet they continued on. They were also told that the hypothetical US-Syria setting was a bad idea when it was announced.

Now they throw their arms up and say they don't get it?

Damn skippy they don't, and that's the root of their problem.
11-08-2007, 04:45 AM,
Wild Bill Wrote:Now they throw their arms up and say they don't get it?

Damn skippy they don't, and that's the root of their problem.

No, Bill, you misunderstood them. We the wargamers don't get it. Apparently, we do want a modern-era, real-time game, but we just haven't realized it yet. ;)

I'm still waiting for this magical enlightenment like the rest of you. :rolleyes: