• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Huib...My scenarios suck too, man...
10-28-2007, 11:59 AM,
RE: Huib...My scenarios suck too, man...
Having read the classic rant and making too obscure a comment, let me say that some players:

1) Play to beat everyone
2) Play to enjoy the historicity of the scenario
3) Play to have fun
4) Play to learn
5) Play to be part of the ladder and the club
6) Play to enjoy a great map
7) Play to enjoy a great OOB
8) Play to find obscure scenarios
9) Play to help others
10) Did I mention fun yet? ;)

No one was putting anyone down. If "anyone" gleaned that from what was said in another thread, then "they" are thinking wrong?

To be honest I have not played one of yours Curt. I've heard as many rave reviews of your scenarios as I have of Herr Huib's. 'Tis an unfortunate thing that I found the latest one I played so "un-fun" that I had to comment on it.
I never posted my comment on the public forum. I was dissappointed that the designer came to the public forum to whine about a honest comment made about a scenario. And, then took a shot at the "person" who commented at the same time, in the thread header title.
Especially, when the designer has a tremendous amount of positive comments and only a smattering of bad ones. :conf:

Now, as I said, I cannot comment on your designs because I have not played a single one of them. If I did not like them I would rate them honestly. If they were so good or so poor that I was compelled to comment I would. :smoke:
I put out on the forum that I received negative comments about some of my scenarios. You must have overlooked that? :rolleyes:
I don't even go to the area where I can read the comments because I do not hang out to see if someone played one of mine and then rush to look at the rating and/or comments.
You chose to make a statement here on the forums concerning your scenarios for whatever reason you wish to do so. I'm sure that the reason will come forth? It always does. :chin:

'til then ... cheers
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2007, 12:26 PM,
Ed,

Indeed. I was not thinking of a reply from you at all...funny how things like that happen...isn't it?....

...but, for real...did not expect any kind of response at all...was just genuflecting...responses from girls like us...to ugly responses that have not occurred yet.

Ed...would love to play you...think we would actually have more in common than we do against...

Cheers

Curt
Town Drunk
10-28-2007, 01:10 PM,
...and Ed,

...here we are...then...

...I am sure that is what you were trying to accomplish...

Cheers

Curt
Town Drunk
10-28-2007, 03:06 PM,
Ha, Ha

Our names are Annette, Andrea...and Margaret...

sheesh....
Town Drunk
10-28-2007, 03:40 PM,
Let me tell you somthing..

...Andrea...was something else....
Town Drunk
10-28-2007, 06:54 PM,
Mr. RoadRunner Wrote:To be honest I have not played one of yours Curt. I've heard as many rave reviews of your scenarios as I have of Herr Huib's. 'Tis an unfortunate thing that I found the latest one I played so "un-fun" that I had to comment on it.
I never posted my comment on the public forum. I was dissappointed that the designer came to the public forum to whine about a honest comment made about a scenario. And, then took a shot at the "person" who commented at the same time, in the thread header title.
Especially, when the designer has a tremendous amount of positive comments and only a smattering of bad ones. :conf:

Ed,
Let me be straightforward on this one since you keep posting about it: I do not place your comments on that scenario in the line of "honest opinions". I know an honest opinion when I see one and I know stench when I smell it.
period.
10-29-2007, 12:24 AM,
Huib Wrote:Ed,
Let me be straightforward on this one since you keep posting about it: I do not place your comments on that scenario in the line of "honest opinions". I know an honest opinion when I see one and I know stench when I smell it.
period.

Finally, he speaks directly to me? :)

I will have to revise my estimate of this person. I thought most adults could take criticism. :chin:

You can ask my opponent what my comments were concerning the scenario as we played it. To accuse me of lying or having an agenda is very specious. And, beneath contempt. :(
I found the map "nice" as usual, one of your technically perfect maps.
I am sure the OOB's are correct.
I could not find fault in the technical aspects of your scenario.

But, over the nine hundred plus games. And, I could tell you that I have probably played twice that number in 'non-reported' games. This one scenario, which you seem to want to protect so much, was one I placed in 'the file' with other scenarios that were the most unenjoyable that I ever played. There are plenty more.

If you want to take side swipes at me then feel free to continue. I just think you need to grow up a bit. Criticism is part of what happens when you put things out for public consumption.
I am sure that if I said I did not like the shirt you wore in the picture you have in our gallery, or I did not like your haircut, you would take it less personally than you did about this one comment on the one scenario?

Learn to laugh, you may live longer. :zzz:

Ed