• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Huib...My scenarios suck too, man...
10-28-2007, 06:59 AM,
Huib...My scenarios suck too, man...
Really...they do...and what's worse, they bite big donkey di..ks...

Cheers, and respects, to all of the different type of gamers here. Ave.

WWII was so much more than the trite "tank vs tank" fights that get so much popularity in wargaming. My interest, having been drawn into wargaming as an "in the shadows" historian, has always skewed the way I approach scenario making. How much literature is there on the miserable Italian campaign in East Africa...or, forbid, the Dutch East Indies, as examples? Virtually none. Nevertheless they do make up the patch work quilt that was WWII in it's entirety.

It is a fact that there are those who: (1) want to win..., (2) don't care...and give less than a sh...t about winning or loosing but just love to fight, and (3) those miserable creatures, like me...who can look at the deployment of a disaster, for hours on end...and wonder what it would have been like to have been in the shoes of the loosing side...so I go and try to recreate the inexecrable situation...and then share it with others...egad.

Find solace that there will always be that group of people who sequester themselves and blather jibberish to one another and themselves, (2) those who espouse ranting balderdash and demagogery, for the sake of it,...and (3) those who mumble, incoherently to themselves and one another...like me...

I like the maps, when they are finally completed...I like doing the OOB's...it is really quite pleasing to look at a scenario when it is finally laid out...I like trying to figure out how I can frustrate everybody when I make completely unatainable victory conditions...and I don't give a rat's a...ss who cares...

If any of my scenarios would entice someone to track down a good book on any of the obscure areas of WWII that I like recreating, that would be satisfaction enough. It appears, however,...that that is too much to ask for...consequently I will keep trying. And all of us will continue expounding on "halftracks", "armour penetration capabilities", infatry fights vs armor, mud vs clear and on and on, ad nauseum...

Se la vie, se la guerre...

Cheers to all

Guberman
Town Drunk
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2007, 07:16 AM,
RE: Huib...My scenarios suck too, man...
I don't think your scenarios suck. I too enjoy the out of the ordinary theatres and what ifs.
10-28-2007, 07:46 AM,
I liked so much of what you said, I have to beg you to get a couple of your scenarios to me. I really enjoy early war scenarios even when I am playing the tankish ones. I would much rather play "The Battle is Joined" as the Ruskies and see if I can get my excellent tanks to stand up against the Germans better doctrine and speed. I like the idea of a scenario or even a LCD set in East Africa. I enjoy Polish and France 40 and Partisan scenarios and I have heard that there are some good Spanish Civil War scenarios but I have not yet played them. I have always enjoyed scenarios that are termed Infantry Scenarios. I have always felt the long fields of fire and massive amounts of artillery in the later game scenarios generally dumb down the tactical possibilities.

Please let me know where to download or please send me one of your scenarios!
10-28-2007, 08:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-28-2007, 08:08 AM by Tide1.)
Bolkonsky get Herr Gubermans Polish scenarios if he still has them. They rock Big Grin

Gary
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
10-28-2007, 08:51 AM,
:dunno:

Another classic! ViolinWhip

LOL!

cheers
10-28-2007, 09:43 AM,
I'm just glad to see the CM area isn't the only place the violins play :P
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
10-28-2007, 09:49 AM,
Hey Mr. G

Playing one of your scenarios now; Kawkareik, and I really like it, but then I like Huib's scenarios too. ;)

Keep designing guys, I love your obscure stuff.

XLVIII Pz. Korp
10-28-2007, 09:54 AM,
Bolkonsky, there are a couple of threads with the PTO scens attached. Search for posts by Mr.Guberman. I too like the 39-40 stuff and Phoney War.

Goober man I sent you an email with some references.

If you wonder what loser's shoes look like, check my ladder.
10-28-2007, 10:27 AM,
Mr. RR...

?

...or...

?

cheers
Town Drunk
10-28-2007, 10:51 AM,
junk.

indeed,

...look at mine...

Curt
Town Drunk