• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Who is the best all around CM player at the Blitz?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Owl
2.78%
1 2.78%
Moondog
0%
0 0%
Lord Bane
11.11%
4 11.11%
McIvan
16.67%
6 16.67%
Der Kuenstler
8.33%
3 8.33%
jsdu 10th Mountain
0%
0 0%
Phil Davies
0%
0 0%
Colonel Talvela
13.89%
5 13.89%
Walkure
2.78%
1 2.78%
Other
44.44%
16 44.44%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Take 2: Who is the best all around CM Player at the Blitz?
10-26-2007, 01:42 AM,
RE: Take 2: Who is the best all around CM Player at the Blitz?
Thanks Coil and Dev. By the way Coil, I only say "boy howdy" to you. ;)

For some reason, Baron von Beergut has my number. I don't think he is still active ...

Cheers,

Nort
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2007, 05:11 AM,
Hi,

this post ask us to choose a best CM player in the following list.
Owl
Moondog
Lord Bane
McIvan
Der Kuenstler
jsdu 10th Mountain
Phil Davies
Colonel Talvela
Walkure
Other

On this list, i only played Owl, DK, Phil and Walkure only one time for each player. Never played with other players.
These four are all good, but only Phil Beat me. So it is difficult for me to choose a best player on this list. But Owl has a really impressive defense ! And i played Phil a really long time ago (at the begining of my cmak career). So i don't know what his value is actually.

- In my experience, the best CM player for me is LETO. He attacks with strategic methods, manages well to keep the flags and uses its armoured well. we played many times and my best result is a draw only 1 time. But i don't know his value with desert games as we always played on forest and countrysides.
- then, another really great player is NEMO SE. I like to play this player as he's a really good armoured conductor. our games were usually intense and hard-fought match. This is the second best player for me. But i don't know if he's still active on CM.
- At last, i think that Ingvar is a great competitor and one of the best rushers i know. Really difficult to take him flags if he arrives before you !

Excuse me for those i forgot, as each player has got something to bring on the CM perfect player, but i choose among the most complete players in my opinion.

cheers
Hubert
Idiots dare everything. That is the way to recognize them (Michel Audiard)
10-26-2007, 06:16 AM,
The toughest I've played would have to be:

Owl
Walkure
Herroberst
Jawsconan
[hirr]Leto
Phil Davies
Graves Registration
Lord Bane
Green Hornet

Could be Red Devil too, we are in the middle of a game right now.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
10-26-2007, 06:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-26-2007, 06:25 AM by RedDevil.)
I'm a walkover, no need to worry about me :P
no need to put forth your best efforts...
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
10-26-2007, 07:13 AM,
Leto should definitely be on the list.

I just don't like lists like this on principle, considering that it goes against the ethos of the club. If we are that way inclined (and I am), we've got the ladder stats etc there for anyone who cares to look. Over and above that, I'm against trumpet blowing, even if it is by other people on our behalves.
10-26-2007, 07:24 AM,
To all of us not listed in the poll, that's simply because Leto holds us in such abject fear that he dare not mention our names except in his nightmares when he screams out in primeval terror at being stalked by some nameless horror at the foot of his bed -
"The time has been, my senses would have cool'd to hear a night-shriek, and my fell of hair would at a dismal treatise rouse and stir, as if life were in it" (Macbeth)

[Image: demons.jpg]
10-27-2007, 06:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-27-2007, 06:23 AM by Jobu88.)
I'll submit a write-in vote for HerrOberst. Oh, and pretty much anybody from that Polish CM club.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
10-27-2007, 10:00 AM,
RedDevil Wrote:Sadly tho Walkure just gets 1 vote & Phil gathers no votes...

I hope that nobody sees that as a negative. These guys just being on that list should resonate to everyone here at the club that these guys are the elite of the elite, and some of the best CM players in the world.

I'd rather be at the bottom of a top ten (actually, I would settle for bottom of top 100) list of some of the greatest players in the world in a club with almost 500 players (THE BLITZ!), than at the top of a small and insignificant list represented by almost any other club (except those damned Poles! That club has the most talent out there next to us I would say... LOL!) in the world.

I also think I can safely say, that each one of the guys named is a top notch fellow, great people, and fun to play... not a lot of ego for a bunch of guys that are so bloody talented and unstoppable at this game. I'm more of an unsportsmanlike arsehole than all 10 of those guys combined... although that don't say a lot.

cheers

Keep voting!

Cheers!

Leto
10-27-2007, 08:32 PM,
Jobu88 Wrote:I'll submit a write-in vote for HerrOberst. Oh, and pretty much anybody from that Polish CM club.

Yea I reaffirm this. Of the people on that list I have played I have got results against them all, and have allways felt in the game and not particularly outmatched. However against HerrOberst and funnily those Polish guys I have allways felt that I am playing catch up from turn 1.
10-27-2007, 10:00 PM,
Other votes and general commendation to:

Herroberst 4
Matteponk 1
[UF] P.A.K. Paule 1
Saint Ruth 1
Greenhornet 2
Graves Registration 1
RedDevil 1
Nemo SE 1
Rasputitsa 1
Wiggins 1
Fridericus 1
Maddox 1
Taktik 1
Nort 1

Each and everyone of these guys is a powerhouse.

Cheers!

Leto