• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Who is the best all around CM player at the Blitz?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Owl
2.78%
1 2.78%
Moondog
0%
0 0%
Lord Bane
11.11%
4 11.11%
McIvan
16.67%
6 16.67%
Der Kuenstler
8.33%
3 8.33%
jsdu 10th Mountain
0%
0 0%
Phil Davies
0%
0 0%
Colonel Talvela
13.89%
5 13.89%
Walkure
2.78%
1 2.78%
Other
44.44%
16 44.44%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Take 2: Who is the best all around CM Player at the Blitz?
10-25-2007, 04:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-25-2007, 04:23 PM by The Coil.)
RE: Take 2: Who is the best all around CM Player at the Blitz?
+hirr+Leto Wrote:You are on another "best" list...

Do you need a clue to which list that may be??

Is that Red Devil's List O' Best Relevant Posters?

Of your list, I've only played CT and Lord Bane.

Lord Bane is the best uber-tank handler I ever played.
Colonel T just doesn't make many mistakes, so he gets my vote.
Another wicked good player is Nort - first game I played against him, he worked LOS angles on a crowded map better than anyone I've ever seen. Magical...I never had a chance. Plus, he says "Boy, howdy" a lot, which makes me chuckle.
Fridericus though, probably wins the award for "guy who just pummeled me so bad that I never thought I had a chance of winning after turn 5". Although that last game we played would've been a lot closer if my Hetzer hadn't bogged, his AA gun didn't gun damage my Brumbar on the first shot, my 150 could've landed a shot, he hadn't gotten a lucky top hit on my mortar carrier, my 81mm mortar could've knocked his gun out a turn quicker, my ACs would've shot a bit straighter, and I'd had 2 companies more of infantry. So it was really just a bit of bad luck...
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2007, 05:01 PM,
Herroberest?

Tough bastxrd to beat. Total luckbox though when it comes to the armour ;)
10-25-2007, 08:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-25-2007, 08:29 PM by Jock.)
RedDevil Wrote:I vote for Antoni, Nobody is a better Opponent to have

:thumbs_up:
10-25-2007, 08:57 PM,
Its me isn't it?

:whis:
10-25-2007, 10:03 PM,
Where's POS from the list?
10-25-2007, 10:36 PM,
Maddox and Wiggins were very tough opponents, are they no longer active?
10-25-2007, 11:16 PM,
Although I am also always curious about this, and would love some kind of accurate ranking system, it's just impossible to do because everyone plays different players and different scenarios. I voted but how accurate was it, since I've only played four of the nine guys on the list?

Because of the system here, one guy could be 10-0 because he had 5 guys quit on him and the other five were newbies. Another better player could be 5-5 because he likes to play the underdog in scenarios.

Perhaps everyone could list the five best players they've played, then a list compiled from that, based on how many times you are named, but even that would be flawed, because guys who've played a lot of games with different players would get named more.

Or on the "report game" screen there could be a new question - "how tough was this player?" where you could rank them 1-5 or something, but then only the guy reporting the game would get to rank the other guy, and all the players of past years wouldn't be included.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
10-26-2007, 12:06 AM,
Der Kuenstler Wrote:Or on the "report game" screen there could be a new question - "how tough was this player?" where you could rank them 1-5 or something, but then only the guy reporting the game would get to rank the other guy, and all the players of past years wouldn't be included.

I actually like that idea. It would probably be best to have this as an anonymous function though, so nobodies feelings got hurt.

We are beginning to get the backflash of the "we don't care about who's number one" crowd around here, and that is absolutely brilliant. It's a good characteristic of this club, yet extremely deleterious to the mandate of this thread...

: )

Cheers!

Leto
10-26-2007, 12:14 AM,
Antoni Chmielowski (FGM) Wrote:
RedDevil Wrote:Kind of hard to vote unless you've played all of the players listed isn't?

I vote for Antoni, Nobody is a better Opponent to have

Cheers for that RD, I :bow: at your feet !

I only went with the tread topic

"Who is the best all around CM Player at the Blitz? "

and there it is... :)

cheers
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
10-26-2007, 12:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-26-2007, 12:44 AM by RedDevil.)
I think it's very difficult for anyone to put a singular finger on The Best CM player. Luck, skill, and the game type/settings provide too many variables.

The fact remains that while player 1 mentions player 2 as the best, player 3 says, pah.. I've beaten him several times, but I can't beat player 1..

Go figure..

I look at your list and I wonder where you are.. IMO, you're a tough nut (literally :) ) to crack.

So is Phil Davies. With over 100 games between Phil and I, I still feel he's a most competitive challenge! Strangely enough we KNOW what each other is going to do practically (like Chess) and yet our games still swing all sorts of unpredictable results.

Walkure, is IMO, a very strong challenge for anyone with oodles of skill and experience, he can put his forces on the flags and keep them there.

Sadly tho Walkure just gets 1 vote & Phil gathers no votes...

I'm only just now playing MoonDog, have played Ivan 3 times for a draw and 2 losses and only played DK 1 time, but he had to take a leave and (I posted a draw) we're now just getting another game going..

My Toughest list? In no particular order really
(ok well alphabetically)
Leto
Nort
Phil Davies
Rasputitsa
Taktik
Walkure
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard