• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The new replacement feature
10-15-2007, 06:36 AM,
RE: The new replacement feature
Also, depending on how the organizations are set in the oobs, you can use recovery for old production model afvs, and recovery/replacement for newer models. In very long scenarios, armored units with older afvs might be withdrawn and replaced by units with newer models.
I am happy with this new feature, but I should like to suggest a possible tweak for infantry units. As the percentage of replacements increases, shouldn't the quality of the unit decrease?
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2007, 12:04 AM,
We think alike - thats good

The next scn that needs work is the unfixed campaign M44- great scn BUT the Axis are far too weak and just get shot to bits nevermind surounded

BTW me new EA42 campaign is missing from the Blitz scn page so almost no one knows its there ! Any ideas who I should contact about that ?

Should I have also sent that to you as its based on your alt version ?

Michael
10-16-2007, 12:06 AM,
FM WarB Wrote:Also, depending on how the organizations are set in the oobs, you can use recovery for old production model afvs, and recovery/replacement for newer models. In very long scenarios, armored units with older afvs might be withdrawn and replaced by units with newer models.
I am happy with this new feature, but I should like to suggest a possible tweak for infantry units. As the percentage of replacements increases, shouldn't the quality of the unit decrease?

Yes that should be the case but no feature for that in PZC and note mainly its to keep Tanks etc in the game

Quality could go up as well as down for various reasons

Michael
10-16-2007, 04:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-16-2007, 04:58 AM by Volcano Man.)
FM WarB Wrote:As the percentage of replacements increases, shouldn't the quality of the unit decrease?

No, absolutely not. The rule was not designed with this in mind and, for the most part, you are describing a use for it in the opposite in what it was intended. The intent was that higher quality units would, on average, always get high recovery. The replacements are for the lower quality units to keep up or surpass higher quality unit recovery. The other design intent was to be able to seperate nationalities of the same side which should get higher / lower strength returns.

In no way was it meant to be so complex that the engine would calculate and adjust quality levels because high replacement rates are given to high quality units, you just to assign replacement rates that are reasonable in the sense that it avoids the whole quality / quantity issue.
Send this user an email