• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

1.04 is out
10-04-2007, 06:25 AM,
RE: 1.04 is out
I have fired it up with 1.04 but the game still does not "grab me". Looking at the BF forum there are still many LOF/LOS issues which still need to be sorted out and at the moment there are no plans to sort out the QB mess, perhaps that will be patch 1.100 :cheeky:
I am proud to be British but I thank god that I am Welsh
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2007, 06:34 AM,
hopefully matrix will buy the rights to it and fix it in the upcoming years :P
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
10-04-2007, 09:13 PM,
If the patches keep coming out so regularly, I might just wait until all the bugs are sorted out before starting anymore battles. If not give up on PBEM.
10-05-2007, 12:31 AM,
As i understand it this is the last patch for a while as they consider most of the major bugs fixed, apart from some fine balancing. :(

cheers
10-05-2007, 04:46 AM,
If BFC are into fine balancing ...

Why doesnt one hand reach to the sky and the other hand drop CMSF into the bin ??? :whis::whis::whis:Big Grin
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
10-12-2007, 10:12 AM,
The thing that has me slightly worried, BF has put a lot of work into this project, especially building the new game engine.
If this game fails to bring in the money, what then?? :(
Will there be a major rethink for the next WW2 CM game? Will they have the cash to build it? BF is a small company and like many of you here, I love AK and BB but how long will both games continue to hold the players? The hardcore will continue to play them but others will move onto other games.
It's such a pity they screwed it up by releasing SF so early (were forced to) and now their reputation has been damaged with not so good reviews and players correctly pointing out the quite huge amount of bugs in the original version. The patches have helped to iron out most of the bugs but like Phil, I can't get excited about SF like I did with BO, AK and BB.
This also has a knock on effect with the next game they will bring out. How many of you will now hang back and wait to read the reviews and comments from players before deciding to buy it? quite a few I suspect....... and I will be one of them :rolleyes:
10-12-2007, 10:49 AM,
sadly CM-SF wasn't the only dog BFC bought out in the past months.. ToW didn't fare to well either if I recall..

A victim of their own success and the desire to do one better bug are killers in the software industry.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
10-12-2007, 07:31 PM,
I think they should have just stayed with the CMx1 engine.
10-13-2007, 12:44 AM,
Bootie Wrote:I think they should have just stayed with the CMx1 engine.

They already said the CMx1 engine was pushed to it's limits. A new game engine had to be put together from scratch. What they could of done though, was to intergrate the CMx1 engine with the newer game engine. I'm no computer geek so I don't know if this was possible. I suppose it's like taking a family saloon car engine and adding bits on or using parts of it to make a sports car engine?

As with the other games, they were made by other smaller companies and were sold under the BF name I believe.

At the end of the day, we still have BO,AK and BB to carry on with for now.

So the next question is, what do you think is happening over at BF? what direction will they take? Carry on with add on's to SF or concentrate on the next WW2 game?
10-13-2007, 01:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-13-2007, 01:05 AM by Bootie.)
I believe they will be releasing a marine add-on next for SF.