• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
1.04 is out - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: 1.04 is out (/showthread.php?tid=42529)

Pages: 1 2 3

1.04 is out - Phil Davies (FGM) - 10-02-2007

Just downloaded 1.04 the newest patch, they say there will be a 1.05 but BF now consider SF to be a more or less finished product Eek I'll fire up 1.04 tomorrow as I don't feel any great rush to "see what it does" .. lol

RE: 1.04 is out - Copper - 10-02-2007

Cheers Phil.

RE: 1.04 is out - Runyan99 - 10-02-2007

I'll need at least one opponent for a 1.04 PBEM. Prefer a scenario to a QB. Any takers?

RE: 1.04 is out - Copper - 10-02-2007

Sure set one up and send it over.

RE: 1.04 is out - Runyan99 - 10-02-2007

Okay, I'll send you a game in a few hours.

RE: 1.04 is out - RedDevil - 10-02-2007

I wonder if they patched up the demo.. I'm curious to see "the finished product"
LOL

RE: 1.04 is out - Copper - 10-03-2007

RedDevil Wrote:I wonder if they patched up the demo.. I'm curious to see "the finished product"
LOL

When on the BF boards these days, the old tune "If I had a rocket launcher" plays through my head.

It is chills me to see that much complete disregard for reality, and if I had a rocket launcher: "Some sonofabitch would die".

I just found out that the 1:1 representation is not really 1:1, but more akin to CMx1... we just see every pixel figure of a squad, not three men... same problems of abstraction, perhaps even more pronounced since you believe the 1:1 to have meaning and the illusion is promptly spotted when soldiers walk through walls, stand next to other enemy soldiers and do not fire, having LOS by your lead man only allows him to be shot to pieces as the "squad" does not have LOS and thus no LOF... etc etc.

Perhaps I am being too fickle and this monster is light years ahead of anything we have ever encountered and is truly a step removed from sheer brilliance?

Dunno. Someone said that the true test of a game is how often you boot it up to play it when you have the spare time and a choice among many games...

Cheers!

Leto

RE: 1.04 is out - The Coil - 10-03-2007

-hirr-Leto Wrote:Perhaps I am being too fickle and this monster is light years ahead of anything we have ever encountered and is truly a step removed from sheer brilliance?

Leto,

I'm afraid you just don't get it. Steve has told us over and over that this game is the greatest possible game that could have been made. Clearly, if you think it is anything less, you are an idiot/are too stupid to see how it's a huge jump over CMx1 in every way/need to play it over and over until you see how great it is/are determined to dislike the game because you want to see Battlefront go bankrupt for as yet undetermined reasons/are an idiot (did I say that already?).

At least, that's what I got from reading Battlefront's forum...

RE: 1.04 is out - Fubar - 10-03-2007

Since finishing my last PBEM game i could count on one hand how many times i've bothered the boot it up.....i'm more likely to boot it out the window. :(

cheers

RE: 1.04 is out - Tanker - 10-03-2007

1.04 seems to have been received quite well, and not just from the fan bois.