• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panthers penetration
09-30-2007, 10:38 PM,
RE: Panthers penetration
I remember playing A von Neimack CMBO Scenario, the Allies had a 14inch artillery observer with 5 shells.. needless to say only 1 was needed.

I had a COY of men and support hidden in some woods preparing to assault the allied positions and this fecker landed right in the middle of those woods.

Killed everyone in the woods, leveled 3 buildings close by and killed all the men there too, killed 2 Stugs hiding behind the woods and numerous other units were panic-ed and routed that weren't even close by...

I sent VonN a note saying that was too powerful of a weapon along with a screenie..(I'll check my files for it) not sure if he ever fixed it tho..
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2007, 01:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2007, 01:10 AM by Soldier.)
Definitely the second M10 (not hit) suffered damage from the explosion of the one that took the direct hit.
I'm sure the game engine was not designed with shots penetrating completely through vehicles, etc. etc.
That would be way too sophisticated, and unnecessary, for this game.. ;-)
10-01-2007, 04:35 AM,
No there was no text on the second kill, i have the file saved. will get out to you guys at the end of the game. it may have being the explosion from the first tank. but damn that really sucked. Fiery

Walkure
10-01-2007, 05:29 AM,
I do believe that ricochets are modelled tho....a ricochet can apparently take out another tank, although I have never seen it happen...
10-01-2007, 06:31 AM,
McIvan Wrote:I do believe that ricochets are modelled tho....a ricochet can apparently take out another tank, although I have never seen it happen...

Really? I'd be surprised... Seems like you might conclude a riccochet got your tank, when in reality it was an unspotted shooter. I'd want to see it happen from both sides before I believed it was a riccochet. But I've been wrong before...

At any rate, sounds like in this case it was splash damage from the first M10 going up.
10-01-2007, 07:17 AM,
Hi,

Walkure,

Are you sure that the second M10 did not received a shot from another hidden unidentified gun/tank which would have fired at the same time than the panther ?

Because, except if the distance between your both M10 was very small (less than a few meters), and with the condition that the first M10 exploded, i can not imagine a M10 beeing destroyed only with projection of a near penetrating shot without explosion.

Cheers
Hubert
Idiots dare everything. That is the way to recognize them (Michel Audiard)
10-01-2007, 10:12 AM,
jawsconan Wrote:Hi,

Walkure,

Are you sure that the second M10 did not received a shot from another hidden unidentified gun/tank which would have fired at the same time than the panther ?

Because, except if the distance between your both M10 was very small (less than a few meters), and with the condition that the first M10 exploded, i can not imagine a M10 beeing destroyed only with projection of a near penetrating shot without explosion.

Cheers
Hubert

I think he said there was no hit text, thus no 2nd shooter. I think we're dealing with a lone gunman...
10-01-2007, 12:29 PM,
BUT jawsconan is right. No, explosion and no collateral damage either.

At least I have never seen anything be killed without a penetration without an explosion. That would either be applied from an HE round, a bomb or a vehicle exploding after being hit.

Good Hunting.

MR
10-01-2007, 02:44 PM,
Walkure Wrote:...it may have being the explosion from the first tank. but damn that really sucked.

Mad Russian Wrote:BUT jawsconan is right. No, explosion and no collateral damage either.

:conf:
10-02-2007, 02:22 AM,
oups, sorry

I didn't read all the posts, particulary the one which said that the first M10 EXPLODED. In this case, no matter to search mysterious solutions or unidentified shooter.
Projection of the explosion reached the second M10 and pierced its thin armor. Nevertheless, it should be really near the first one to be hurt.
problem solved.

Walkure, M10 is great killing machine but there is no chance to survive from any attack (except really small guns) for it...

Cheers.
Hubert
Idiots dare everything. That is the way to recognize them (Michel Audiard)