• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How do I...
09-26-2007, 04:51 AM,
RE: How do I...
I still see the word dickhead in a certain topic, now I do feel very offended by it.
Please remove that too......
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2007, 04:59 AM,
.... or replace it with 'richard head' :p
09-26-2007, 07:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-26-2007, 07:30 AM by McIvan.)
For the record I did not consider Koen to be whinging and did not object to giving answers to his queries. Although I would generally prefer to handle that type of query by PM, sometimes a public answer can help smooth things over.
09-26-2007, 07:28 AM,
Stoffel1 Wrote:I still see the word dickhead in a certain topic, now I do feel very offended by it.
Please remove that too......

Mate,
Seems to me you've got other issues besides being offended... 3 days later by a word that described no one in particular, but seems to becoming appropriately accurate.

If this is going to be the way you want to conduct your business around here, I'm more than happy to show you the door :)

I have a very short fuse for dealing with idiocy, simply ask anyone here.

I already gave you a suggestion on how to be a part of this community, I won't give you another one.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
09-26-2007, 08:07 PM,
McIvan Wrote:For the record I did not consider Koen to be whinging and did not object to giving answers to his queries. Although I would generally prefer to handle that type of query by PM, sometimes a public answer can help smooth things over.

got it m8, no probs, I'll send you a PM next time:bow:
visit WaT HERE!!!
09-26-2007, 11:55 PM,
Sgt Barker Wrote:Again, the people who end up suffering the most are the mods. Being volunteers that’s a bad thing to have happen – too much suffering and the volunteers leave.

NO PROBLEMO!
I hereby volunteer my services to Blitz as a Moderator.. :)
In fact I used to be a Mod and Administrator at Timebombers Philosophical Discussion Forum a couple of years ago.
Modding was FUN, I never had to ban or scold anybody...:)
"The greatest warrior is the one who never has to fight a battle" - Sun Tzu
09-27-2007, 12:11 AM,
See, that's the problem Mick, you're too damned eager!:whis:
09-27-2007, 12:36 AM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:
Sgt Barker Wrote:Again, the people who end up suffering the most are the mods. Being volunteers that’s a bad thing to have happen – too much suffering and the volunteers leave.

NO PROBLEMO!
I hereby volunteer my services to Blitz as a Moderator.. :)
In fact I used to be a Mod and Administrator at Timebombers Philosophical Discussion Forum a couple of years ago.
Modding was FUN, I never had to ban or scold anybody...:)
"The greatest warrior is the one who never has to fight a battle" - Sun Tzu

Well, start a campaign then. Get a poll going. Put a team together. I hear Karl Rove is looking for a job.

(does anyone else picture a small child with a big grin in a small room hovering over a large red button that says: "DANGER, DO NOT TOUCH" on it?)

Cheers!

Leto
09-27-2007, 12:36 AM,
Tanker Wrote:See, that's the problem Mick, you're too damned eager!:whis:

Where's me game turn you hooligan?

Leto
09-28-2007, 02:19 AM,
Sgt Barker Wrote:
RedDevil Wrote:I don't know where the lack of sense is coming from.. perhaps the weather changing has affected thinking, but the antics I've seen here recently over 1 member, are ridiculous coming from grown men.

People take the bait and run with it, not appreciating that they’re hooked. Or not caring; they’re having fun. The person putting out the bait is most to blame, of course, though resisting the bait is always possible. But in a hobby group, ostensibly a fun group, that’s a cop out. No one should have to “put up with” being baited when they’re supposed to be having fun.

How it affects others – the lurkers and participants who aren’t having fun - is never clear. Depends on the “personality” of the group.

Such antics make moderating tough; they have to guess what the group wants, rather, what will support the group best, and act accordingly. A true PITA.

The easiest path is to simply ban them. It’s also most often justified. Usually any good work done by the fisherman does not offset the disruption caused by their behavior. Then again such a path can make a board bland, and drive off others.

IMO POS is an extraordinary example of such a fisherman, a master at walking the line between being a valuable contributor and complete wanker.

Again, the people who end up suffering the most are the mods. Being volunteers that’s a bad thing to have happen – too much suffering and the volunteers leave.

Well said!