• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How do I...
09-25-2007, 09:50 PM,
RE: How do I...
McIvan Wrote:Koen,

All personal attacks by any person on that thread were deleted. There is no intention on my part to protect any particular person.

I will have a look at the other thread in the morning.....it is late here and I am very tired. I do not like deleting posts at all; have to be practically driven kicking and screaming to do it, and have had enough for one day.

Regards
Ivan

I DO understand that moderating this isn't fun.

Reading the threads and posts aren't fun neither to anyone except POS himself.

No need to go looking for trashposts in 'the challenge' thread since the thread will die anyway.

The challenge was made but not accepted, the end.

K:smoke:
visit WaT HERE!!!
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2007, 12:17 AM,
McIvan Wrote:Seriously, you guys didn't see what happened to the thread, it got completely out of hand.

But, man, it was funny.
09-26-2007, 01:17 AM,
The Coil Wrote:
McIvan Wrote:Seriously, you guys didn't see what happened to the thread, it got completely out of hand.
But, man, it was funny.

Yes, people are travelling from far-flung outposts of the CM community to see the thread, only to be bitterly disappointed to find that McIvan has SABOTAGED and DELETED most of it, including my pics of the Henhouse, the Spam Trophy,Eddy Merckx, my sherrifs deputies etc etc..
Hey Randy mate, if you let your moderators go round deleting my posts it won't help your chances of winning the CM Administrators Trophy when I award it later this year to whoever I consider to be the CM community's best forum Admin, as I hold you personally responsible for your mods actions..;)
Check your P.M's for more from me on all this..
09-26-2007, 01:23 AM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Check your P.M's for more from me on all this..

Oh poor Randy! Dude, thank goodness those laxatives worked... you'll need every inch of colon to deal with all the crap coming down the tubes now...

...thanks for the gift pot btw, it was... uhm... great.

lol!

Cheers/Sympathies!

Leto
09-26-2007, 01:25 AM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:
The Coil Wrote:
But, man, it was funny.

Yes, people are travelling from far-flung outposts of the CM community to see the thread, only to be bitterly disappointed to find that McIvan has SABOTAGED and DELETED most of it, including my pics of the Henhouse, the Spam Trophy,Eddy Merckx, my sherrifs deputies etc etc..
Hey Randy mate, if you let your moderators go round deleting my posts it won't help your chances of winning the CM Administrators Trophy when I award it later this year to whoever I consider to be the CM community's best forum Admin, as I hold you personally responsible for your mods actions..;)

here we go again.....
visit WaT HERE!!!
09-26-2007, 01:47 AM,
I for one do not envy Red Devil and McIvan's job here but at least they can keep this mob inline! :smoke:
Koen, stop whinging! Eek
09-26-2007, 01:54 AM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:
The Coil Wrote:
But, man, it was funny.

This is a thread about how to issues challenges to POS given that his challenge thread got locked. If you don't have anything relevant to say, GET OUT OF THIS THREAD AND START YOUR OWN.

To quote a wise man:

McIvan Wrote:Stay on topic, please, gentlemen.

POS, please take your spammy whining to its own thread please. I'm sorry your pretty pictures got deleted. But for the record the "funny" part of that other thread was watching you lamely try to keep up with my cleverness by imitating me.
09-26-2007, 02:05 AM,
Bob Millard Wrote:I for one do not envy Red Devil and McIvan's job here but at least they can keep this mob inline! :smoke:
Koen, stop whinging! Eek

whinging? I suppose you mean "wighning"?

I was having a normal conversation with normal questions and answers...no need to do it in PM or by mail...

there's more then only wighning going on on other places....

It's really interesting that you pick out my questions to react...

and maybe you should read the other posts as well..and maybe not only at the Blitz...

if you call this wighning I'll have to disappoint you some more...

K:stir:
visit WaT HERE!!!
09-26-2007, 03:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-26-2007, 03:34 AM by RedDevil.)
Interesting how things are panning out.

Now we have more members arguing amongst each other, and all over the antics of POS' ability to bow out of a challenge he didn't like and reissue another one that suits his playing style.

The Rules of the Blitz are simple.
Play who you like, as you like and with what options you BOTH agree upon.
That is what this club stands for and has been built up from.

There is no written rule that states a player must accept any and all challenges. We are all free to pick and choose, there's plenty of diversity in styles here, so finding an opponent should not be a matter of needing a lynching party to suggest members into doing something they don't like.

I don't feel it's anyone's right to pressure ANY player of this club to play outside of their OWN preferences.

If someone says NO, whether it's straight out or around the bush beating, common sense should tell you to leave it be and move on with your business elsewhere.

I don't know where the lack of sense is coming from.. perhaps the weather changing has affected thinking, but the antics I've seen here recently over 1 member, are ridiculous coming from grown men.

Everyone involved needs to step back and look at yourselves...
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
09-26-2007, 04:43 AM,
RedDevil Wrote:I don't know where the lack of sense is coming from.. perhaps the weather changing has affected thinking, but the antics I've seen here recently over 1 member, are ridiculous coming from grown men.

People take the bait and run with it, not appreciating that they’re hooked. Or not caring; they’re having fun. The person putting out the bait is most to blame, of course, though resisting the bait is always possible. But in a hobby group, ostensibly a fun group, that’s a cop out. No one should have to “put up with” being baited when they’re supposed to be having fun.

How it affects others – the lurkers and participants who aren’t having fun - is never clear. Depends on the “personality” of the group.

Such antics make moderating tough; they have to guess what the group wants, rather, what will support the group best, and act accordingly. A true PITA.

The easiest path is to simply ban them. It’s also most often justified. Usually any good work done by the fisherman does not offset the disruption caused by their behavior. Then again such a path can make a board bland, and drive off others.

IMO POS is an extraordinary example of such a fisherman, a master at walking the line between being a valuable contributor and complete wanker.

Again, the people who end up suffering the most are the mods. Being volunteers that’s a bad thing to have happen – too much suffering and the volunteers leave.