• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz
09-30-2007, 01:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2007, 02:07 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz
Market Garden
[Image: mkt-gard.png]
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2007, 02:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2007, 02:05 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE - Panzer Dan's Pz IV (background) snipes my Wolverine

Groan....no matter how big and powerful your tank pack is, it's still vulnerable to be chipped away by enemy tanks operating in the lone sniping role as here, where Panzer Dans boy squeezes one off down the side of a house..

[Image: spT.png]
10-01-2007, 03:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2007, 03:33 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE - Sphinxes panzer onslaught continues..

I hurriedly shake out my remaining Shermans into standard line-astern formation to concentrate their fire into Sphinxes panzer spearhead and fight for their lives as he relentlessly tries to take the ville by storm..

"Hang out our banners on the outward walls,
The cry is still 'They come'.." - Macbeth Act 5 sc 5

[Image: spN.png]
10-01-2007, 04:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2008, 07:24 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
HEY POPCORN-MUNCHING AUDIENCE!

Don't just sit on the sidelines watching, contact me to SIGN UP (pooroldspike at aol dotcom) and stake your claim for the tank paperweight prize, you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain -glory, prestige, battle experience, self-esteem, honour..
It's one you can tell your grandkids about in years to come -

"Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars.
And say 'These wounds I had on Crispin's day'..." - Henry V Act 4 sc 3
10-01-2007, 06:57 AM,
COMBAT FOOTAGE - Herroberst swats a fly..

I stationed my Daimler (2-pdr) there on recon duty, expecting him to slam into reverse to safety if enemy tanks showed up, but he must have fallen asleep as this panzer arrived and zapped him..

[Image: herrA.png]

What I do wrong Mr. Wayne?

"Mister, yer left a boy ter do a mans job"..

[Image: wayne3.jpg]
10-01-2007, 09:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-05-2007, 02:36 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
RESULT JUST IN!

POS bt Bootie

Endgame screen showing final front lines and main tank thrusts.
Bootie came within inches of the main flags but I held onto them by my fingertips..

[Image: boo1-1.png]
10-01-2007, 11:43 AM,
Was a good game.... until I lost 4 tanks in one go and shattered my confidence and left me well outnumbered. I waved the flag as my one remaining tank was no match for what POS had left... thanks for the game.
10-01-2007, 12:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2007, 01:24 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Hey Bootie, as you were first competitor to finish a game in this challenge, here's the FAST PLAYER cyber-medal award for your phenomenal file-return rate, it only took us 6 days to finish the game..:)

[Image: fastest-1.jpg]

And seeing as you mention losing 4 panzers in one go, here are a couple of tactical posts explaining it to our enthralled audience -

PIC 1 - My 2x Wolverines are catching glimpses of your approaching 4x panzers through the smoke, so I estimate that if I can reinforce them by reversing my 2x Shermans onto the red dotted line I'll be able to meet the panzers with a concentrated volley of fire..
[Image: booL.png]

PIC 2 - Bingo! It works like a dream and all 4 panzers die for no Sher losses as the Shers pour it straight down the line in the same line-astern formation that hurt Sphinxes panzers in an earlier screenshot in this stunning thread..
[Image: booN.png]

PS - Even SWAT copy my line astern..
[Image: swat1.jpg]
10-01-2007, 01:55 PM,
Yersss...they don't then, however, proceed to shoot through each other Spike, this being hazardous to one's health...they all have assigned left and right fields of fire excepting the lead shooter.
10-01-2007, 02:16 PM,
My tanks in the screenshots only appear to be firing through each other because I use 'size 4' graphics for maximum dramatic effect..
As I've said before, if I begin a game against a dood who operates his tanks in tight hunting packs, I think "Uh-oh I better watch myself, this guy knows how to punch.."

"Punch with your fist and not with your fingers spread "- Gen. Guderian
[Image: swatstackup.jpg]