• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz
09-24-2007, 02:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2007, 02:50 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz
BRITS v 21st Panzer

1 - If anybody's interested in playing a pbem against me at this scen, give me your e-mail address and I'll send it for you to inspect in the editor. (pooroldspike at aol dotcom)
2- Then if you still want to play, choose your side, set it up and send the first file.. :)

I'll play an unlimited number of you simultaneously, and when all the games are finished, I'll award a metal model tank (you choose it from this £10.99 range) to whoever beats me by the highest score - http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/1427_1.html

And I'll also do a brief AAR and couple of screenshots after every game. (I'll leave it up to you whether you want it to be a Blitz ladder or non-ladder game)
It's open to everybody,noob or experienced, here's your chance to step up to the plate and take a crack at the Pothman.. :)
It's a semi-historical scen I just created, I haven't played it yet, it's carefully constructed to be as balanced as I can make it, two equal forces clash in a Meeting Eng as the Brits advance from the D-Day beachhead towards Caen.

[Image: Brit-Sherm.jpg]

[Image: maj-luck.png]

THE FIELD
[Image: Britsv21C.jpg]

THE BRIT FORCE
[Image: Britsv21A.jpg]

THE GERMAN FORCE
[Image: Britsv21B.jpg]

[Image: pothman.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
09-24-2007, 06:15 PM,
RE: THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz
It looks blanced. I'll give it a shot as the Schnitzels. [email protected]
09-25-2007, 12:09 AM,
Go on then POS send the scenario. Ladder game with screenshots.

Email address: [email protected]
09-25-2007, 01:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-28-2007, 12:58 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
DASH TO THE SEA

[Image: dhm1310.jpg]
Dash to the Sea by David Pentland. Copyright Cranston Fine Arts. Art prints and postcards available. http://www.directart.co.uk/mall/more.php?ProdID=547

"As allied forces pressed inland towards Caen, the 21st Panzer Division launched a counterattack along a narrow three mile corridor between the Canadians on Juno beach and the British on Sword.
Ultimately only six PZ IVs and a company of infantry managed to reach the coast at Lion sur Mer."
09-25-2007, 02:03 AM,
[Image: caen1.png]
09-25-2007, 02:18 AM,
Ok POS I'll play you. Set up the battle and send it over... I dont care which side... I'll lose with either.
09-25-2007, 02:23 AM,
Hey Stoffel,
When I joined Rugged Defense in 2003 you were the ladder leader and we played several times, you won some, I won some, then I became ladder leader.
So now lets play again after a gap of 4 years for old times sake..:)
Tell me your mail address and I'll send you 'Brits v 21 Pz', and I'll remove your name from the henhouse and the cyber-trophy.. :)
09-25-2007, 02:32 AM,
Sounds good,

But as you well know I do not play QB or QB style battles.
You can have a game only if you accept Koens challenge.
09-25-2007, 02:38 AM,
Stoffel1 Wrote:You can have a game only if you accept Koens challenge.

Okay, send me any scenario to examine in the editor, and if I like it we'll play it..:)
pooroldspike at aol dotcom
09-25-2007, 02:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-05-2007, 06:19 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
THE HUNTERS

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

[Image: hunter.jpg]

These are the hunters who've signed up for 'Brits v 21 Pz' so far, i'll edit new names in as they arrive.. :)

Panzer Dan
Easymeat
Bootie
Herroberst
TheGrandPoohbah
Vinroc
Mugger2006
Sphinx
Bert Blitzkrieg
Der Kuenstler