• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz
09-27-2007, 01:51 PM,
RE: THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz
Quite an impressive record you have going there so far...

Good Hunting.

MR
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2007, 02:17 PM,
[Image: norm.png]
09-28-2007, 01:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-04-2007, 05:37 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE - The Grand Poohbah denies my panzers access to the village
(PS -all my opponents are free to look at this thread anytime even if the games are still in progress, I'm not giving away any big secrets in the screenshots)

My 4 x Pz IV's (an entire platoon) lie wrecked on the road after The Grand Poohbah's Shermans and Wolverines brutally slam the door to the ville in their faces..
My infantry scramble on downtown but are now left naked with no armoured support in that sector to ward off a Brit counterthrust..

[Image: rockA.png]
09-28-2007, 02:28 AM,
COMBAT FOOTAGE - Bootie puts the boot in

As the 2 survivors of my badly-mauled Sherman platoon huddle in the village, Bootie sends in a fresh panzer assault to finish them off..

[Image: boo1.png]
09-28-2007, 12:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-28-2007, 12:55 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE - Vinroc bloodies the nose of my Sherman column, forces the rest to retreat..

My lead Sherman was pole-axed as Vinrocs hunting pack takes them head on.
I reverse the remaining 3 Shermans to regroup, but the Sherman at bottom left keeps on retreating in blind fear, having mis-identified a Pz IV as a Tiger..

[Image: vinA.png]
09-29-2007, 05:03 AM,
COMBAT FOOTAGE - Mugger mugs my Shermans

As my Shermans edge cautiously forward, Muggers Marders catch them napping..
Meanwhile a big panzer thrust is coming down the road (left background)..
I'm getting a bad feeling about this..

[Image: mugger1.png]
09-29-2007, 05:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-29-2007, 06:35 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE - Bootie starts a knife fight..

Up close and personal...Bootie hurls 4 panzers into my 4 Shermans vulnerable sides, even a schreck guy is joining in..
When the dust settles, 3 panzers lie dead and the schreck guy has dived down a rabbit burrow but not a single Sherm is killed.
Luckily the stationary Sherms were able to concentrate their fire into the head of the moving panzer column as it came into view.

[Image: bootC.png]

[Image: knife-fight.png]
09-29-2007, 06:39 AM,
Are all these games getting reported?
09-29-2007, 07:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-29-2007, 07:36 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
I leave it entirely up to my oppo whether we play ladder or nonladder mate,his choice.. :)
So far of the 9 games started, 6 want it to be ladder. Makes no difference to me either way.. :)

PS - If you want in i'll send you the scenario to inspect and choose your side, let me know..
7 of the 9 have chosen to be German, I don't think they want Shermans because they burn easily..
But the Shermans have got gyro-stabilisers and are therefore more accurate when firing on the move.. ;)

PS again - Anybody else want in, let me know?
Remember there's a metal model tank paperweight for the winner, but as the saying goes -"YOU'VE GOT TO BE INNIT TO WINNIT".. :)
Hey Pred, think you can take me?

"If you bleed you can be killed"
[Image: pred.jpg]
09-29-2007, 03:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-30-2007, 04:54 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE - Sphinx butchers my big Sherman group in ferocious tank battle..

I deploy 7x Sherms and 2x Wolverines in the ville but Sphinx catches them in the crossfire of his panzer groups and rips 5 of them apart, for the loss of 4x panzers.
I hung onto the ville but he bled me white in the process

[Image: sphA.png]

PS - I've been thinking everybody, I had intended to do an AAR and screenshot in the AAR section after each game, but on second thoughts the AAR section is best left to big highly detailed AAR's, so I think I'll keep everything about the Pothman Challenge all neatly and briefly self-contained here in this thread.. :)