• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz
10-13-2007, 04:25 AM,
RE: THE POTHMAN CHALLENGE, BRITS v 21 Pz
gangofmao Wrote:Yes nothing worse then a Pissing Contest in Public...
cheers
GoM

I think getting stabbed in the eyeball with a fork would be worse, among other things.
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2007, 04:29 AM,
RedDevil Wrote:IMHO McIvan has moderated everyone equally since his hire date :)

Which just confirms my suspicion that McIvan is a fiction, nothing more than RedDevil typing with a funny accent and feigning an interest in rugby. He was just invented to play good cop, the calm, even tempered, rational foil who sees the value of clickies. Think about it - have you ever seen RD and McI logged on at the same time? Me either...
10-13-2007, 05:06 AM,
The Coil Wrote:
cheers
GoM

I think getting stabbed in the eyeball with a fork would be worse, among other things.

As a new Dad you'll be able to compare and contrast being pissed on in public with being stabbed in the eye with a fork fairly soon....
10-13-2007, 05:08 AM,
The Coil Wrote:Think about it - have you ever seen RD and McI logged on at the same time? Me either...

I've never seen you and Col T logged on at the same time either and you share more than a sense of humour....
10-13-2007, 05:30 AM,
fluidwill Wrote:...you share more than a sense of humour....

I assume you mean stunning good looks, a razor sharp intellect, fiendish CM skillz that propelled us both to the top of the Blitz ladder, and an all-around winning personality. Or did you have something else in mind?
10-13-2007, 05:31 AM,
fluidwill Wrote:
The Coil Wrote:
cheers
GoM

As a new Dad you'll be able to compare and contrast being pissed on in public with being stabbed in the eye with a fork fairly soon....

It's really all about which you find worse: smelly or hurty.
10-13-2007, 08:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-13-2007, 08:15 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RESULT JUST IN!
POS(Brits) bt Panzer Dan

Dan caught me by surprise by putting his full weight down the top half of the map but ran into the same congestion problems Peiper had when trying to thread a big armoured battlegroup through the heavy Ardennes terrain in the Battle of the Bulge, and luckily for me he ran out of time when the game ended on only turn 21..

[Image: dan1.png]

[Image: peiper.png]

Results so far in the order the games finished -

Game 1 - POS(Brits) bt Bootie
Game 2 - POS(Brits) bt Vinroc
Game 3 - POS(Brits) bt Sphinx
Game 4 - POS(Gers) bt The Grand Poohbah
Game 5 - Der Kuenstler bt POS(Brits) 68-32 (margin 36)
Game 6 - POS(Brits) bt Mugger
Game 7 - POS(Brits) bt Panzer Dan

Game 8 - ongoing v Bert Blitzkrieg
Game 9 - ongoing v Easymeat
Game 10 - ongoing v Herroberst
10-14-2007, 07:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-14-2007, 09:54 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
RESULT JUST IN!
Herroberst bt POS

[Image: WPA.png]

Herrobersts panzers swept through the village, I threw in every Sherman and Wolverine to try to stem his headlong advance but lost them all..
[Image: ho1.png]

The fire came by...
Captain Tomkins and his men go into captivity
[Image: ho2.png]

[Image: laugh.png]

Results so far in the order the games finished -

Game 1 - POS(Brits) bt Bootie
Game 2 - POS(Brits) bt Vinroc
Game 3 - POS(Brits) bt Sphinx
Game 4 - POS(Gers) bt The Grand Poohbah
Game 5 - Der Kuenstler bt POS(Brits) 68-32 (margin 36)
Game 6 - POS(Brits) bt Mugger
Game 7 - POS(Brits) bt Panzer Dan
Game 8 - Herroberst bt POS(Brits) 71-29 (margin 42)

Game 9 - ongoing v Bert Blitzkrieg
Game 10 - ongoing v Easymeat

Herroberst therefore becomes the leading contender to lift the fabled tank paperweight unless Bert Blitzkrieg or Easymeat can humiliate the Pothman by a greater margin..
10-14-2007, 08:05 AM,
Good tense game, POS, I just got lucky. Thanks for the game and the AAR is as usual top notch.cheers
10-14-2007, 01:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-14-2007, 01:25 PM by Mad Russian.)
Bootie Wrote:I agree. I found POS to be polite, punctual ( I agree he must never sleep!) and quite amusing... helpful too during our recent pbem game where he massacred me pretty good. He didnt partake of gloating or rubbing my nose in it as some pointed out he was apt to do.

Every single time POS and I have played each other he is a grand opponent. His return rate is better than ANYBODY's!!!

It's only after the game that things CAN get dicey with POS. They don't always.

Normally, the only time I've ever seen POS go out of line, is, if you ever decide that you have the right to disagree with ANYTHING he says.

Otherwise, he's the best of opponents if it's something he likes playing.

Good Hunting.

MR