• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Who will win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
POS
29.41%
5 29.41%
the other one!
70.59%
12 70.59%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Biggest Challenge of the 21st century : The battle between POS & ????
09-23-2007, 06:27 AM,
RE: The Biggest Challenge of the 21st century : The battle between POS & ????
SoG quote - I have just looked at your record here and its not very good
-------------------------------------

That's because I do all my serious fighting in the WPC ladder mate, and as you can see I'm unbeaten there so far this year.. ;)
http://www.wargames-player-club.de/cm/cm-main.htm

I only occasionally play in the Blitz ladder if my opponent insists on it, and even then I don't bother to register most of my wins.
For a better idea of my awesome power consult the Blitz AAR section where you'll see I played 15 games of 'Fireflies and Tigers' earlier this year against Blitzes finest just for fun and only lost 3, how kewl is that.. :)

You see now why the merest mention of my name creates fear and terror, inducing the dreaded "Porcupine Effect" in peoples hair -

"I could a tale unfold whose lightest word
Would harrow up thy soul, freeze thy young blood,
Make thy two eyes, like stars, start from their spheres,
Thy knotted and combined locks to part
And each particular hair to stand on end,
Like quills upon the fretful porpentine"
-Hamlet Act 1 sc 5
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2007, 06:35 AM,
Well old Spiker, looks like you've been cornered and your wriggling hard to get out! :scare:

From what I've read so far, this is a quite simple challenge. Mad Russian designs the scenario, two CM players (who are they?) will make sure the scenario is balanced. Then you play it against GoM.
I think it's acceptable that you and GoM can examine the OOB's BUT not the map! :cool2:

You have most of the CM community reading this thread so stop wriggling and step up to the line! :)
Back off from this challenge and it will haunt you where ever you go! :eek1:
09-23-2007, 06:36 AM,
SOG quote - What do all those things mean? Did you give them to yourself as well? I have never heard of those ladders too. How does that qualify you to give awards?
------------------------------

My dazzling array of medals and honours were won over 3 years of psychotic relentless gutter fighting in the WPC ladder mate.
Incidentally not only am I the Blitz Superprophet but I also train noobs, one minute they're being taught potty training by their mothers, and the next they're being taught to kill by me.. :)
Then it's great fun to then watch them as they join a ladder and kick, claw and gouge their way up just like I taught them, and I think to myself - "Ha ha that's my boy! you're a soldier now!"
09-23-2007, 06:37 AM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:SoG quote - I have just looked at your record here and its not very good
-------------------------------------
That's because I only occasionally play in the Blitz ladder. I played 15 games of 'Fireflies and Tigers and bored everyone to death with it' how kewl is that

So its Ok to play the same scenario over and over? Well Fireflies and tigers is just a QB I suppose.

I suppose it is Kewl, inside your head......

I have played 300 games and lost none by the way.
09-23-2007, 06:45 AM,
BOB Millard quote - two CM players (who are they?) will make sure the scenario is balanced
------------------------

Ay there's the rub, I mean, they might make sure the game is rigged against me..
I learnt not to trust anyone long ago right from the time I lent Dave McGrath my Davy Crockett book and he lent me his Superman book, but he refused to swap back after we'd finished reading them, he said he'd lost mine.
Sure, I kept his Superman but it was a poor exchange because my Davy Crockett was better than his Superman book..
Hey Mulder and Scully what do you say?

"Trust no-one"
09-23-2007, 06:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-25-2007, 09:55 PM by Jock.)
I say except the challenge or begone forever.
09-23-2007, 07:03 AM,
SoG Wrote:Well Fireflies and tigers is just a QB I suppose.

No mate it's a brilliant scenario I designed myself, then I posted screenshots of it here -
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=40964

and said "Anybody wanna play against me at this?", and sure enough people started stepping up to the plate to sign on.. :)
I then sent the scen to them and said "Okay have a good look at it in the editor, then if you still like it pick your side and send the first file"

See, everything was out in the open on full public display right from the start, people could check the scen out thoroughly before deciding whether to play.
And when each game was finished I posted a small AAR and screenshot in the Blitz AAR section..:)
That's the way to do it.. :)
09-23-2007, 07:06 AM,
Seems very boring to me.
09-23-2007, 07:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-23-2007, 07:25 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
Mad Russian Wrote:I entered one of your tournaments before remember? When I asked you when it started after having to join it FOUR SEPARATE TIMES? You told me I wasn't in the tournament any longer.

Now lookee here Tex, I held up that li'l old tourney overnight ter give yer a chance ter sign up, but yer nevah did -
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...141&page=2
So me an' mah boys had ter move them dogies on out without yer because it was a long hard trail drive ter the railhead and we couldn't wait around any longer..
Ahm a-callin' out any man that sez diffrent..
Your move..

[Image: shootist.jpg]
09-23-2007, 08:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-23-2007, 08:08 AM by Mad Russian.)
PoorOldSpike Wrote:
Mad Russian Wrote:I entered one of your tournaments before remember? When I asked you when it started after having to join it FOUR SEPARATE TIMES? You told me I wasn't in the tournament any longer.

Now lookee here Tex, I held up that li'l old tourney overnight ter give yer a chance ter sign up, but yer nevah did -
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...141&page=2
So me an' mah boys had ter move them dogies on out without yer because it was a long hard trail drive ter the railhead and we couldn't wait around any longer..
Ahm a-callin' out any man that sez diffrent..
Your move..

[Image: what-lion.jpg]

Unfortunately at this point in your CM career anyone can take your word and a dollar bill and get a cup of coffee anywhere in town!

Great stuff your word is made of these days mate.

You held the tournament up, supposedly, AFTER I told you I wasn't interested any more.

Not an issue these days.

Do what you want.

I'm not interested in being in any tournament you run.

Don't let those chattering chimps dog you POS!! You're forever the lion!

Round and round the mulberry bush the chimps chased the lion!

The chimps thought it was all in fun!

POP goes the lion!
Whip

The lion has left the building!!

Good Hunting.

MR