• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Greeting all and H2H/CC Opponent wanted...
09-14-2007, 06:30 AM,
RE: Greeting all and H2H/CC Opponent wanted...
Weasel Wrote:Don't think so. Slow moving, do you mean the graphics is slow? You can adjust all that on the welcome screen; graphic delay, scroll delay etc. If so I can let you know what I have mine set at, mine work pretty good.

Actually I think even Vesa has come over to the dark side.

Hi Chris,
I have the v1.0-DL version of winspww2...
my problems:
1-scroll jerky,not smooth (either no scroll delay setting on prefs side)
2-after each click 1-2 sec delay(or more)
and no pref settings for live delay, movement delay(and both delayed at me at least 1-2 sec. )
- compare to my SPWAW7.1/ H2H :
- poor realism prefs, no CC etc.
- all the prefs are poor....
-my 7.1/H2H seems me more professional....
:-))))
Sgt
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2007, 06:34 AM,
Weasel Wrote:Don't think so. Slow moving, do you mean the graphics is slow? You can adjust all that on the welcome screen; graphic delay, scroll delay etc. If so I can let you know what I have mine set at, mine work pretty good.

ooops..I forgott to tell..all those delay settings on the welcome screen are set to 0.
09-14-2007, 06:42 AM,
Thesix Wrote:Bonjour,

Sorry for a newbie question but I could not find what H2H is exactly.
I thought to understand it is a mod of SPWAW but could not find where the mod can be found and on which version it has to be installed over.
Am I right?
Could you please tell me where I can find some kind of informations/instructions?
Thanks.:cool:

I have the 7.1 for base( I think, still the best spwaw frame)
http://www.4gamer.net/store/demo/SPWaWComplete-v7-1.zip
then patched vith H2H:
https://www.theblitz.club/member_sites/p...rework.php
09-14-2007, 06:55 AM,
Vesku Wrote:https://www.theblitz.club/member_sites/p...rework.php

Installing on 7.1 doesn't need any fixing but it is possible to install H2H on 8.*, it requires an old file .... can't remember the name ... to be copied into another folder I can't remember. Hope that helps :)
Hi Vesku,
that is either a good reason to download the 7.1 version...and patch it with H2H.
and throw out the vanilla toys. :-)))
:bow: for Vesku :-)
especially, if You are able to play H2H C&C game with me!
cheers
:)
09-14-2007, 07:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-14-2007, 09:30 AM by Thesix.)
Survor Wrote:I have the 7.1 for base( I think, still the best spwaw frame)
http://www.4gamer.net/store/demo/SPWaWComplete-v7-1.zip
then patched vith H2H:
https://www.theblitz.club/member_sites/p...rework.php
Thanks Survor.
Concerning your preferences settings, there is a post on the Shrapnel forum discussing the values used by users. It helped me for my preferences.
http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/threads...o=&fpart=1
Send this user an email
09-14-2007, 07:49 AM,
Survor Wrote:

Hi Chris,
my problems:
and no pref settings for live delay, movement delay(and both delayed at me at least 1-2 sec. )
Sgt

make sure you don't have MAP SCROLL SENSITIVITY ZONE set to zero, or else you will get no scroll. I set it between 15 and 25.

Scroll speed 150
Graphics delay 20
Unit move delay 40

All the prefs are the same except no C2.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
09-14-2007, 08:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-14-2007, 08:28 AM by wigam.)
Quote:Installing on 7.1 doesn't need any fixing but it is possible to install H2H on 8.*, it requires an old file .... can't remember the name ... to be copied into another folder I can't remember. Hope that helps
[/quote]

remember the VID998 file. Its in here

ftp://209.164.73.216/pub/mods/steel_panthers/

it goes into the SND folder, then into the STREAM folder.

Then it should be all up and running.
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
09-14-2007, 09:36 AM,
Weasel Wrote:
Survor Wrote:

Hi Chris,
my problems:
Sgt

make sure you don't have MAP SCROLL SENSITIVITY ZONE set to zero, or else you will get no scroll. I set it between 15 and 25.

Scroll speed 150
Graphics delay 20
Unit move delay 40

All the prefs are the same except no C2.
"...MAP SCROLL SENSITIVITY ZONE set to zero, or else you will get no scroll. I set it between 15 and 25..."

my is 21

"...Scroll speed 150
Graphics delay 20
Unit move delay 40..."

I did try it....worst. much more delay.
still O delays are the best ( but no good:(( )

"...except no C2..."

the CC is the cream on the cake!!
Big Grin
cheers
09-14-2007, 12:51 PM,
Weasel Wrote:
Vesku Wrote:WW2 infantry is too slow per turn

So you are speaking of the actual movement rate of the unit. I have noticed that too. What is striking me as strange is that infantry moves 3 hexes in woods, but only 1 or 2 in an orchard. It is easier to move through an orchard then woods.

That and the ability of units to fire 100 yards into the woods; quite the sighting ability.

Hmm, infantry moves 2 hexes in woods and 2 hexes in orchard in WinSPWW2. Not 3 and 1 (just tested it to be sure).

Actually its not 'easier' to move through an orchard, not always at least. If you can move parallel to the trees it may be. But if you have to move through the rows it's often a lot more difficult than woods. Not only are the trees often closely together and with lot's of thick and intermingled branches that hang low but there can be ropes, metal wires and other things linking them and creating real difficulties in passing through. A lot depends on what sort of orchard it is. On average it's about the same as passing through an 'average' wooded hex. So movement rate is the same for both; for infantry at least, haven't tested vehicles.

The sighting ability into trees CAN be 100 yards, it's not a given. Sometimes you only see the first tree hex, sometimes you can see into the hex behind it. This reflects the difference in density that is found in wooded area's. Some area's are relatively open; they still have trees and bushes but not enough to restrict a reasonable view to below 100 yards. I'd find it unrealistic if ALL wooded hexes would block all view, they are only 50 yards across after all.
The game also takes into account the season btw, if you set up a fall or winter game (in a european theatre) you'll have a much bigger chance of getting hexes that allow you to see 100 yards into it (less foliage...).

Narwan
09-14-2007, 03:32 PM,
Survor Wrote:
Vesku Wrote:https://www.theblitz.club/member_sites/p...rework.php

Installing on 7.1 doesn't need any fixing but it is possible to install H2H on 8.*, it requires an old file .... can't remember the name ... to be copied into another folder I can't remember. Hope that helps :)
Hi Vesku,
that is either a good reason to download the 7.1 version...and patch it with H2H.
and throw out the vanilla toys. :-)))
:bow: for Vesku :-)
especially, if You are able to play H2H C&C game with me!
cheers
:)

I'll keep you in mind but I can't promise to start a battle with you anytime soon, too many games rolling at the moment.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]