• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

World Cup Rugby
09-22-2007, 06:58 AM,
RE: World Cup Rugby
Ireland face disaster as an in form French team rip them apart, a good game from the French totally smashed a poor Irish pack (been asking Bootie for too many tips :cheeky:) The Irish now face Argentina in a MUST win game or it's "bon voyage" (that's French talk ;) ) to the boy's in Green.

Can't wait to see Englands humiliation this weekend Big Grin
I am proud to be British but I thank god that I am Welsh
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2007, 04:21 AM,
England scraped though as Somoa give them a rough ride, only a bit of poor discipline in the first half and kicking by Jonny stopped Samoa from defeating England. England still have lot's to worry about and I can't see them getting past the quarter finals :dunno:
I am proud to be British but I thank god that I am Welsh
09-24-2007, 07:14 AM,
A fairly rusty display by the All Blacks to dispose of Scotland 40-0....the backs in particular looked very flat in the second half, Daniel Carter had a terrible time with his goal kicking. Not impressed :(
09-24-2007, 07:54 AM,
Aye Ive been in seclusion since the France game... we were awful. I think we'll be sailing home soon.
09-24-2007, 02:25 PM,
Sorry for your proud scots Bootie, but the blacks looked real rusty. I hope we have seen the last of the interchange and Graham Henry sticks with the top squad from now on.

I loved the tackle from Luke McCalister in the first half.:bow:
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
09-24-2007, 02:38 PM,
What's with Argentina? I know Pool D is not the strongest but they are a surprise to me.
Now worries in Pool B for the Wallabies, and I'd say the same for South Africa in Pool A (even though Tonga gave a good showing).
09-24-2007, 05:00 PM,
Cole Wrote:What's with Argentina? I know Pool D is not the strongest but they are a surprise to me.
Now worries in Pool B for the Wallabies, and I'd say the same for South Africa in Pool A (even though Tonga gave a good showing).

The Argies have always been the dark horses of world rugby. They usually perform woefully or brilliantly....looks like this time they're peaking at precisely the right time. Certainly played out of their skins against the French and (I think) they're the only team in the WC not to have a try scored against 'em so far.

Certainly judging by their performance so far, Argentina deserves to be now included in an expanded Tri-Nations IMHO anyway.

Yes, a pretty ordinary performance by the All Blacks yesterday. However better mediocre performances now than later on in the competition. I didnt think it was a particularly bad performance (didnt see the whole game....damn matches are on at such horrible times here in Korea...lol) but yes, they will have to run with the top squad from here on in I think.

- falco.:soap:
09-24-2007, 11:28 PM,
Falco,

Where are you in Korea? I'm down in Chinhae and have to watch the world cup on Star Sports.
Thank God I also have the Australia Network so can catch the league (good semi-final Sunday between Parramatta and Melbourne).
09-25-2007, 02:12 AM,
Cole Wrote:Falco,

Where are you in Korea? I'm down in Chinhae and have to watch the world cup on Star Sports.
Thank God I also have the Australia Network so can catch the league (good semi-final Sunday between Parramatta and Melbourne).

Good God....I've been a member of this forum for about four years or so and I've never met anybody else who also lives here. I always thought I was the only PBEM (CM, SSG games etc) gamer in the whole of Korea. All my opponents live in far-flung regions (US, England etc) so its kinda weird to discover I'm not the only grog-head who lives here.

No idea where Chinhae is mate, is it down south somewhere? I'm in Yongin which is about 45 minutes SE of Seoul. Been here fer about six years now altogether.

I'm also watching the rugger World Cup on Star-Sports. Do you have cable Starsports or Sky Starsports? There are a lot more games on Sky S/S I think.

- falco.
09-25-2007, 08:07 AM,
Falco,

Chinhae (Jinhae) is about 45 minutes west of Pusan. We get Starsports over cable.

Never been to Yongin though I make it to Seoul on a regular.

Do you follow Aussie NRL? Should be a top grand final this Sunday.