• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

World Cup Rugby
09-09-2007, 08:57 AM,
RE: World Cup Rugby
The All Black came out fired up and after hiting 30 odd nil they buttoned off. Alot of exciting play. I think if they play the full 80 minute performance they will take this time round. I don't want to think about how the country will desend into chaos if we don't.:boom3:

Wales vs Canada...Big game. Wales should have them though.
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2007, 12:28 PM,
Jobu88 Wrote:I think I speak for 99.31% of all Americans when I say that the only thing less interesting is the Coil's incessant whining about lost clickies......

1) For the record, I have never, not even once, whined about lost clickies. I defy anyone to come up with a post from me anywhere (without resorting to using the quote abuse exploit) wherein I whine about lost clickies. It should be easy, given that I apparently whine about lost clickies incessantly...

2) I think Jobu88 is just miffed because he is one of about 3 people on this board I've never given a clickie to.

3) If people are annoyed about off-topic clickie threads on their serious, CM-only message board, then I'd think off-topic posts about rugby have really got to get them steamed...

4) I find it interesting how people (other than !hirr!Leto, CT, and myself) keep bringing clickies up in threads that have nothing to do with clickies. You all must find them very interesting to talk about.
09-09-2007, 12:44 PM,
Star Sports showed the Argentine / French match. Good game. I stayed up late but no one was showing the other matches.

Highly recommend folks to check out the Aussie National Rugby League (NRL.com) playoffs. Round 1 is almost done but hopefully some channel on your cable package will show the Melboure / Brisbane game starting 4pm eastern Australia time. Round 2 next weekend.

Different code from the Rugby Union, scrums are useless in NRL but more running and less field positioning with the ball.
09-09-2007, 02:14 PM,
Jobu was just msytified by the concept of a World tournment that involves more than one country :)

Enjoyed watching the Italy game, but felt the Italians gave the All Blacks far too much respect.....they were mentally beaten before the game even started. We need much sterner competition than that before the quarterfinals. What I did find interesting was that the Italian scrum was better than the All Blacks....wow! That's quite a pack the Italians have got.
09-09-2007, 04:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2007, 04:06 PM by wigam.)
Quote:2) I think Jobu88 is just miffed because he is one of about 3 people on this board I've never given a clickie to.

Alas Coil i must be one of the 3... :( lol

And cole did you watch the warriors match vs the eels on Friday night. We lost it all on our own. We had all those sets of 6 and we wasted them.

And back to the Rugby World Cup, i am waiting for tonights games, Wales vs Canada, South Africa vs Samoa, And i think Scotland and Ireland also play someone who i can't remember...Namibia ???
Send this user an email
09-09-2007, 05:17 PM,
Wigam,

It still was a top game. One of the announcers was saying that if the Eels won it would be because of that defensive stand. The Bulldogs and Cowboys was another good game but Manly / Rabbitohs was one sided.

I prefer league to union but by watching the world cup games and league games close together it just shows up how much of a waste of time the scrums are now days.
09-09-2007, 05:49 PM,
Quote:I prefer league to union but by watching the world cup games and league games close together it just shows up how much of a waste of time the scrums are now days.

Speaking of scrums being a waste of time in the All Blacks vs Italy game the scrums became non contested as the Italians ran out of props. Golden oldies scrums.:censored:

hopefully the storm beat the broncos.[/quote]
Send this user an email
09-09-2007, 08:24 PM,
wigam Wrote:.......i am waiting for tonights games, Wales vs Canada, South Africa vs Samoa, And i think Scotland and Ireland also play someone who i can't remember...Namibia ???

Surely you mean this afternoons games.........for some of us any way. ;)

Come on Wales.

cheers
09-09-2007, 08:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2007, 08:51 PM by wigam.)
come on Matt, remember for us ones that live on top of the world it will be night. :cheeky:
Send this user an email
09-09-2007, 08:55 PM,
I don`t think beat adequately describes what the Storm did to the Broncos.