• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

B44 across the Meuse?
09-09-2007, 01:27 PM,
RE: B44 across the Meuse?
As George C. Patton said, "Lets let the bastards go all the way to Paris, then we'll Really cut 'em off and chop them up."
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2007, 10:01 PM,
Right now completing turn #14 in the standard campaign scenario, I have taken Clervaux, St. Vith, Monschau. 2nd Panzer and Panzer Lehr have broken out towards Bastogne, 1st SS Panzer towards Stavelot. US 4th, 28th and 106th Infantry nearly destroyed, 2nd and 99th in a bag; two combat commands annihilated and one badly mauled. 4,700 VP = close to a draw. I do plan to win ... but as has been said before, it's not taking the ground that's the problem, it's holding it. I can't really imagine that with my 20 odd divisions I could ever afford the long, long flanks of a penetration over the Meuse and beyond ... Then again, maybe this can be won by the VP count from destroyed Allied troops alone? I guess we shall see.

In any case, this campaign is fun. cheers
09-15-2007, 11:05 AM,
Are you playing with yourself -nor an opponent?

Marquo
09-15-2007, 11:38 AM,
Jeeze, I hope he is not playing with himself!!!!
:happy:
09-16-2007, 04:35 AM,
Marquo Wrote:Are you playing with yourself -nor an opponent?

Marquo

If you mean me, I am fighting Mike Bangert aka Slasher. We did this campaign a while ago with him as the Germans, and now I get to try to reach the Meuse. cheers
11-11-2007, 06:01 AM,
As an update on this (and since it's no mystery to Mike), this 18th December 1944 at noon (turn #22), the Panzers of 116. Panzerdivision have reached the Meuse at Huy. Panzer Lehr is a couple of hours short of Namur. So we're not yet over the Meuse, but I am sure we'll manage the few remaining miles. cheers

I'll happily share some screenshots when the game is over ... at the moment, they'd give away too much info about my deployment, obviously. :)

(Mike: I'll complete the turn tomorrow.)