• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Use of minefields in defense.
08-09-2007, 02:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2007, 02:33 PM by The Coil.)
RE: Use of minefields in defense.
I think you sort of implied it, we just made it a bit more explicit (and also followed the time honored message board rule that states that if anything was said more than two posts ago, you should restate it as if it was never ever said before and you are the first brilliant genius to ever think of it).

Anyway, I was trying to highlight the relatively small amount of damage a mine does to a squad. Works the other way as well - I've seen people on the attack avoid a mined space like the plague, when they'd have been better off diving into it and taking the one casualty hit for the cover the space provides. That is, providing you can convince your pixeltroopers to enter the space, which can be a bit tricky.
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2007, 02:29 PM,
Best method I've found is to get them to "sneak" through the area.....reduces casualties too.
08-09-2007, 11:07 PM,
McIvan Wrote:
[hirr Wrote:Leto]
McIvan Wrote:I agree completely....often see that mistake. Barbed wire is just the same....if it's not covered by fire, it's a waste of space.
Isn't that what I just said in the VERY FIRST POST of this thread???
Did you really? Well I never :( I'm afraid I didn't notice....my most humble apologies.

Okay, well maybe I did IMPLY it... lol.. (Damn Coil, like a tick on my arse, always trying to eat my pretzels)

: )

And no apologies necessary. Just make sure that I get a pretzel.

Leto
08-09-2007, 11:12 PM,
hrrmm pretzel logic...
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
08-17-2007, 02:08 PM,
...well to me...
That's the most interesting part of Playing a Partisan battle...
using Mines...as stated above,u must cover wih fire...but if you do...
can really make that small Partisan force Powerful,but depends
on the Map much i think...

GoM
08-17-2007, 03:26 PM,
Gotta have the obligatory mine picture ...

[Image: Mines.jpg]