• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Barbed Wire
10-23-2007, 05:29 AM,
RE: Barbed Wire
Aloha All...
so from what i seeing,
seems the best way to cross Wire that you cannot bypass,
is to Smoke right behind it to allow time to get across...
and hope for the best...lol

GoM
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2008, 07:10 AM,
kineas Wrote:one more thing: in a recent tournament game my rocket strike made a nice big crater in the middle of a wire section. It seems to me the troops can pass more easily on that location. The wire is not entirely ineffective, but it seems to work only in half of the way.

I also suspect the joints between the wire sections to be more passable. It all boils down how CM stores the terrain tiles internally.

True from my experience. A crater could provide as much as 10 seconds to get through a wire tile faster. In some past tests of mine, I found you can use satchel charges to create a crater at the right spot in the wire tile. Area fire within 30 meters does the trick, although there´s a random chance, that the crater will be created at all and it might use up all SC of participating troops. So this is not a resource friendly affair for gaining that few extra seconds for a quicker wire tile passage.

Note: When targeting the wire tile, one must not target the wire itself, as the command will be cancelled automatically. One needs to play with camera angles (SHIFT - Z) to get very close to the tile and make the yellow target line stick to the ground tile, not the wire object!
Send this user an email
03-18-2008, 02:59 AM,
I think this game has it correct. A real wire hazard is more than some temporarily strung concetina wire rolls, but a more elaborate preperation. Artillary may blow holes in it but it might actually just make things worse. I saw a 2 and a half ton truck drive through some accidently and it was a real mess. Dangerous too.
03-18-2008, 06:00 AM,
What I have seen with craters and wire is that when your troops stop moving, the crater cover bonus applies. So if they get some incoming, instead of being pinned at 100% exposire, they're pinned at 30-40%.
04-07-2008, 03:27 AM,
[Image: stug-wire.jpg]
07-16-2008, 12:26 PM,
[Image: barbedwirebx2.jpg]
07-16-2008, 05:21 PM,
Great pic POS.

Do you have any info about where these Ruskies got their swanky camo fatigues?
07-16-2008, 10:43 PM,
Mikey Wrote:..Do you have any info about where these Ruskies got their swanky camo fatigues?

No mate, the pic is just captioned "Snipers cutting through wire", here- http://www.geocities.com/ww2_pictures/sovietsnipers.htm