• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Col T DAR - The Reason why you [hear]Leto scream in his DAR
01-09-2008, 05:35 PM,
RE: Col T DAR - The Reason why you [hear]Leto scream in his DAR
Turn 06 Right

[Image: AL06right.jpg]

Well it turns out to be a little more than a conscript TH scout over here on the right. This is about 100m in front of Leto's setup area, so somewhat surprising.

I lose 3 half squads and a vet HQ unit. Letos men are ducking pretty quickly so I suspect they are greens. That is somewhat bad news, because that means he has lot of troops. I do ID them as guards mechanized, so I am pretty sure he got a green guards mech battalion. And I spotted a romanian cav unit - unusual.

Right now my men are just scattered all across the map and I dont really have a good plan on how I want to take this map. In an earlier post I said I was going to go left and then turn to the right, but I backed off that when I did the actual setup, and now I am pushing my men and tanks to the right.
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2008, 11:51 PM,
do you split all of your squads or just the advance scout ones?
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
01-10-2008, 02:47 AM,
I typically split 2/3 squads. These green cav squads have 2 lmgs but only 22 ammo so I will be splitting pretty much all of those squads if they get in a firefight.

My vet fusilers I doubt I will be splitting much. I wont use them for scouting - I will be using them for killing at the critical point - need their heads up.
02-01-2008, 07:52 AM,
Just an update. We finished the game 50/50 draw. There was actually some really good stuff towards the end, but I just dont have the motivation to do a DAR right now - even though I really wanted to.
02-01-2008, 02:41 PM,
A 50-50 draw is pretty darn impressive. Leto tells me you were lucky to pull a draw, but then he always talks like that...

My compliments, by the way, on the thread title - sheer comic genius. It still makes me laugh every time I read it.

Sent you a PM - I've got an idea! Check it out...
02-02-2008, 01:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-02-2008, 03:15 AM by Colonel Talvela.)
The Coil Wrote:A 50-50 draw is pretty darn impressive. Leto tells me you were lucky to pull a draw, but then he always talks like that...

My compliments, by the way, on the thread title - sheer comic genius. It still makes me laugh every time I read it.

The thread title is even more funny if you know Leto. And if he had kept his DAR going, Leto's long-winded cursing of the CM gods would have reached never recorded levels. Who knows, he might have crashed the theblitz servers. I was sorely tempted to post some of his emails in here, but some might find it bad taste. Leto wouldnt care....

maybe I will with screen shots if I could get you to give me some clickies.

edit - ok I cant resist.
hear!Leto in a post-game rant Wrote:MY GOD?!?! IS THERE NO JUSTICE IN THE WORLD???.
This cracks me up just posting it. So funny!