• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WHY GERMAN INFANTRY ARE SUPERIOR (YOU MUST READ!)
07-28-2007, 09:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-28-2007, 09:20 PM by McIvan.)
RE: WHY GERMAN INFANTRY ARE SUPERIOR (YOU MUST READ!)
Area attack within 30 metres.....if the troops have explosives, you will see a note under your targeting line as in the first picture in Leto's first post on this thread....
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2007, 11:06 AM,
Also, be aware that they'll almost never actually chuck the explosives unless at 'OK' morale state.
07-29-2007, 12:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2007, 12:35 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
In fact you can have great fun throwing bundles at anything, even bridges, see latest update to my Bridge Work post here -
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...223907&

PS Bootie, any idea why your couple of pics of real-life bridges in that thread have vanished and been replaced by red x's?
It happens to me sometimes and I'm trying to find out why, maybe its a hiccup at Photobucket or Imageshack?
07-30-2007, 01:14 PM,
RE:��WHY GERMAN INFANTRY ARE SUPERIOR (YOU MUST READ!)
PoorOldSpike Wrote:In fact you can have great fun throwing bundles at anything, even bridges, see latest update to my Bridge Work post here -
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...223907&

PS Bootie, any idea why your couple of pics of real-life bridges in that thread have vanished and been replaced by red x's?
It happens to me sometimes and I'm trying to find out why, maybe its a hiccup at Photobucket or Imageshack?

Maybe that's Photobucket's way of red clickying you?
07-30-2007, 01:29 PM,
07-30-2007, 01:33 PM,
RE:��WHY GERMAN INFANTRY ARE SUPERIOR (YOU MUST READ!)
07-30-2007, 01:58 PM,
RE: ��WHY GERMAN INFANTRY ARE SUPERIOR (YOU MUST READ!)
09-16-2007, 03:35 AM,
Grenade bundles are nice, but any platoon in good order, unspotted, at 30 meters range or less, will effortlessly make short work of a single enemy unit.

The main problem with the German close infantry fighting weapons - GBs, DCs, and FTs - is all of them have inferior range to the Russian answer, the PPsH SMG. At 30 meters, the Germans are good order only solutions. But the Russians have a robust solution that works at 75 to 40 meters.

This range difference also makes for a preferred cover difference. In full woods or stone building interiors, initial LOS may be close enough for the German answers. But nearly everywhere else, the SMGs range fight will move one side or the other out of "good order", long before the close assault special weapons can come into play.

Once the enemy is cowering, either side, they can be easily beaten regardless of equipment.
01-28-2008, 08:30 AM,
Okay just recently started playing against human players and I cant tell you how many times I wished to use a gp or satchel at a building or group of woods. I always would just indirect fire and hope they throw one, which they hardly ever do.....so the point is.....HOW the heck do you "indirect fire w/ explosives"? BTW, I have read most of the "tactical tips" threads and as of yet have not found anything in regards to this. Any feedback would be great!
01-28-2008, 08:48 AM,
Piece o' cake..:)
Just make sure your boys are carrying demo (satchel) charges or grenade bundles, then target anything within 30metres (that's the furthest their muscle-power can throw them)
Throw at whatever you like, even if there's no enemy unit there. For examp, in the pics below squads blow a bridge with demos,(they can also do it with gren bundles).

More stunning details in the full thread here -
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...887&page=1

PIC 1 - Pioneers in cover near the medium bridge see an enemy armoured column approaching down the road,so i order them to target the bridge (note the 'use explosives' tag). Max throwing distance for demos is 30m..
[Image: bridge1.jpg]

PIC 2 - The demos begin flying and explode on the bridge..
[Image: bridge2.jpg]

PIC 3 - Boom, down she goes as the third demo explodes, and you've probably won the game if there are no other bridges or ordinary fords for his tanks to cross the river.. (All units in CM can cross ordinary fords, but only infantry can cross deep fords)
[Image: bridge3.jpg]