• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How many HPS games on your computer?
07-17-2007, 10:40 AM,
RE: How many HPS games on your computer?
Hey Glenn 5 MC games, how'd u do that

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2007, 10:52 AM,
2 more MC's Big Grin
07-17-2007, 11:48 AM,
Nah, just one extra for Glenn - there are ME, FG, Korea and NGP now.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
07-17-2007, 12:20 PM,
I want to have 5.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
07-17-2007, 07:45 PM,
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
07-17-2007, 11:08 PM,
Ricky B Wrote:Nah, just one extra for Glenn - there are ME, FG, Korea and NGP now.

Rick

that's good news.. that means the South German Front is coming soon :happy:

cheers

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
07-18-2007, 01:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-18-2007, 01:18 AM by Hadge.)
Hi all

Glenn says he has all 19 PzC's loaded - I only count 17 as having been released - unless we are counting Salerno '43 as three titles !

I have 16 of the 17 PzC, all 4 MC's, TFB, Defending the Reich, HPS Waterloo, and all of John Tillers Talonsoft Napoleonic and Civil War stuff loaded;- plus Aide de Camp and various other bits and bobs collected over the years, and currently my hard drive is just over 50% full ATM (40GB total space)

Anybody running short on hard drive space could always use a Flash Drive - a 2 Gig Flash Drive will hold 4/5 game titles in their entirity (inc Music) and has the added advantage of being transportable between PC's if (like me) you dont have a home network, or play at work.

You can also use them to backup your other/new PC's as and when needed.

Cheers

Chris

07-18-2007, 02:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-18-2007, 02:19 AM by Sgt Barker.)
Glenn Saunders Wrote:TFB, + plus the next part of that series.

:happy:

Nice...

Anyway, to answer the question, 11 PzC, 1 SB, Punic Wars and TFB. 3.75G is not a bad amount of space for so much.
07-18-2007, 11:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-18-2007, 12:06 PM by Dirk Gross.)
Hadge Wrote:Anybody running short on hard drive space could always use a Flash Drive - a 2 Gig Flash Drive will hold 4/5 game titles in their entirity (inc Music) and has the added advantage of being transportable between PC's if (like me) you dont have a home network, or play at work.

You can also use them to backup your other/new PC's as and when needed.

That's very cool! I've simply copied my patched battleground games in the past since they didn't write to the registry, but I thought HPS did so they wouldn't work right if simply copied. I've got a new Vista install going, and I have all my previous XP install backed up. I tested restoring Tobruk to a new directory and it seemed to work fine. This will save me tons of time restoring my 45 HPS titles to the new build. :whis:

I did notice a registry entry for the first few I installed. I don't know what they do, but they don't seem to hold any info. Anyone know what they do? I might be able to merge them into my registry from the old if they serve a purpose.:conf:

For example, this is the Kursk entry:

Key Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HPS Simulations\Kursk '43
Class Name: <NO CLASS>
Last Write Time: 7/8/2007 - 6:27 PM

Key Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HPS Simulations\Kursk '43\1.00.000
Class Name: <NO CLASS>
Last Write Time: 7/8/2007 - 6:27 PM
07-19-2007, 08:58 PM,
It's best to pay for an external hard drive. I have 11 Pc, 2 Mc, TFB, Crown of Glory, Forge of Freedom, Highway to the Reich, Superpower2, Waterloo-Napolean's Last Battle, Pure Sim Baseball 2007, Call of Duty 1, 2 and United Offensive and Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.1 and still have 131 gigs open. I think it's the best bang for your buck.