• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

LETO beats POS (Fireflies v Tigers)***
07-24-2007, 02:27 AM,
RE: LETO beats POS (Fireflies v Tigers)
PoorOldSpike Wrote:As for your boast about beating me more times than I've beat you, that's only because I let you choose most of the params and maps, and you rigged everything against me, ha ha ha...

Now how many out there KNEW this was coming? LMAO:whis:

Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2007, 07:25 AM,
Thanks Randy for dealing with this while I was asleep.

I agree with Leto's comments....we can all judge for ourselves where POS is coming from.

I think that most of us have got to a point where we appreciate Spike's good points, and especially his entertaining and instructive threads, and bear the not-so-good with a sort of amused exasperation.

It's like watching an extremely fat man walking down the road. You don't have to run up to him and shout "Hey everybody! He's fat! Get a load of this! Fat! Fat!", and follow him down the road repeating "You're fat! You're fat!" in case anyone forgot.

Now, you've said nothing at all that's incorrect, but it's unecessary. We can SEE he's fat :)

What we have here is the difference between (a) saying something that's true (or at least highly arguable), and (b) repeating that statement to the point where it is the repetition, not the accuracy or otherwise, that becomes on balance a unnecessary distraction from a very entertaining AAR.

Regards
07-24-2007, 08:21 AM,
Hey Mac, every word I speak is gospel, it's what we holy men do.. :)
Hey I heard you were a lawyer used to reading documents, so just run your eye over my CV below which I attach to job applications and tell me if i need to perhaps tighten up the wording here and there, thanks.
And below that is the way I look when turning up for job interviews, it's good enough right?

MY CV
I was conceived out of wedlock,
I was expelled from school for being a rebel,
My home's been gatecrashed by a troop of demons pretending to be my family in a "False Arrival" incident,
I had a trial in 1969 for Leicester City Football Club and scored twice, I'm still waiting for the sign-up papers to arrive,
I've been under psychic attack by an elemental "Guardian of the Woods" in a crop circle incident,
A succubus (randy female demon) has climbed into bed with me,
I survived an IRA bomb attack,
I cycled from Leicester to Paris and back, pedalling 800 miles in 8 days,
I did a month in jail on a Vigilante rap,
My granma had Romany gipsy blood and I've inherited her supernatural powers,
I'm part Iron Age Tribe/ Roman/ Viking/ Anglo-Saxon/ Norman, and my surname is about 1500 years old,
I took a slug in the leg from a hitman but carried on walking,
I hung with the hippy Rainbow Tribe for a while,
I've been teleported by a UFO in the famous "Kings Lynn Incident",
Abducted by brown alien monks for my DNA in the equally-famous "Spalding Incident",
I've got a possible abductee implant scar on my hand..
So yeah, i'm one kool macho dood and, my guess is that the aliens wanted my special DNA so's they could create Mick clones to populate the universe. Next time you look at the stars, think "there could be millions of Micks out there.."
I wonder who'll play me when they make a film of my life, Bruce Willis, Al Pacino, Sly Stallone?..

[Image: chinoxw7.jpg]

07-24-2007, 03:46 PM,
Well, I survived more than one IRA bomb attack. It's simple: be in New York City while the bomb attacks are in Ulster.

PoorOldSpike Wrote:MY CV
I survived an IRA bomb attack,
07-24-2007, 10:55 PM,
RE:��LETO beats POS (Fireflies v Tigers)
PoorOldSpike Wrote:I cycled from Leicester to Paris and back, pedalling 800 miles in 8 days,

Was that before or after the Chunnel? Cause before would be waaaay more impressive. Considering your overabundance of kewlness, I am guessing before. Big Grin

PoorOldSpike Wrote:So yeah, i'm one kool macho dood and, my guess is that the aliens wanted my special DNA so's they could create Mick clones to populate the universe. Next time you look at the stars, think "there could be millions of Micks out there.."

Eek 'nuff said

PoorOldSpike Wrote:I wonder who'll play me when they make a film of my life, Bruce Willis, Al Pacino, Sly Stallone?..

Go with Bruce. Stallone stopped being kewl a long time ago, and Al Pacino is headed south, too. :whis:
07-25-2007, 03:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-25-2007, 03:45 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: ��LETO beats POS (Fireflies v Tigers)
07-25-2007, 11:17 AM,
Forget Sly, Pacino, or Willis to play POS. I think Gilbert Gottfried is perfect to play him.
07-25-2007, 11:39 AM,
RE:��LETO beats POS (Fireflies v Tigers)
mcwkjoyce Wrote:Forget Sly, Pacino, or Willis to play POS. I think Gilbert Gottfried is perfect to play him.

Never heard of GG til I just looked him up on the net, he sounds alright, he could be me.. :)
"Gilbert Gottfried, batting aside political correctness with an onslaught of jokes guaranteed to offend,wild stories, indignant ranting and unique celebrity impressions"