• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

LETO beats POS (Fireflies v Tigers)***
07-16-2007, 09:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2007, 06:51 AM by Steel God.)
LETO beats POS (Fireflies v Tigers)***
SCRATCH ONE FLAT-TOP

POS's 4-Firefly hunting pack clears their throats and down goes a Tiger.....it never even had a chance to fire back

[Image: LA.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2007, 02:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2007, 02:10 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: POS v LETO DAR (Firefs v Tigers)
TAC NOTE - Once again the 'Flat-top' action confirms how you must operate your tanks in hunting packs.
The aim is to always confront the enemy with maths superiority to overwhelm him.
In boardgaming terms, the counters would look like this, with odds of 4 to 1, there's no way the Tiger could beat those odds..

[Image: counters.png]

Right kid?

"Right"..

[Image: cincinnatti1vs8.jpg]

07-17-2007, 05:32 AM,
Keeping tanks that tight, do you ever have problems with tank fright where tanks start to reverse and then commence bouncing off each other making an unholy mess?
07-17-2007, 05:37 AM,
Let's play one on a larger map where I get lots of air or on a larger map with lots of complex terrain.

The stack has it's limitations... but by all means keep using it! :)
07-17-2007, 07:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2007, 04:54 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
Peek Wrote:Keeping tanks that tight, do you ever have problems with tank fright where tanks start to reverse and then commence bouncing off each other making an unholy mess?
Nope.. :)
Tanks only usually slam into reverse if they're Regular quality or worse, totally unrealistic, I've seen many good scenarios ruined because the designer used Reg tank crews. In fact I no longer bother playing scens if the tanks are Regs.
That's why In QB's I buy Veteran tanks ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS.. :)

herroberst Wrote:Let's play one on a larger map where I get lots of air or on a larger map with lots of complex terrain.
The stack has it's limitations... but by all means keep using it! :)
If you're serious, send me some params Charlie, but remember just because you beat me once - repeat once - doesn't mean you're suddenly a new Messiah, I'm still the resident Holy Man round here til you begin out-miracling me..
07-20-2007, 11:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-20-2007, 02:35 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
HA HA HA !
Leto at last learns my way is best and combines two Tiger groups into one big hunting pack of 6 to attack my 4 Fireflies at odds of 6 to 4, and I lose all 4 Fireflies...
I can't see through the smoke how many of his Tigers have been put out of action this turn, I estimate 3.
That leaves us both with 4 tanks apiece..

[Image: l2.jpg]
07-21-2007, 02:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-25-2007, 05:19 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
"LORD POUR OUT THY FURY UPON THE HEATHEN!" -Jeremiah 10:25

I don't know which heathen god Leto prays to, but it sure as hell was protecting his Tiger here..
My Firefly hunting pack stalks into position and lets fly, but the Tig slams into reverse (blue arrows) and gets clean away down the road chased by a total of 6 AP-shots all of which missed..
Inset -it fired once and missed during its retreat as it reverses round the corner to safety..

[Image: ltig.jpg]
07-21-2007, 05:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-22-2007, 06:11 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
DRAT!

My Firefly wolfpack carries on stalking and decides to have a crack at a group of about 4 Tigs, but when I arrive in position I find I can't see them through the trees and no shooting from either side takes place.
I thought the trees would be thin enough for me to see through 'em along the red dotted line, okay I was wrong, I don't wanna talk about it, just let it go okay? (sniffle)

[Image: ltig2-1.png]
07-21-2007, 06:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-21-2007, 06:27 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
THE ATTRITION CONTINUES

I reverse (green arrow) my Fireflies back to a new firing position to blow up a few enemy-occupied buildings in the ville but find I have LOS on a Tiger down an alley instead, so I kill it but not before it manages to squeeze off a shot a split-second before it died, taking a Firefly with it..
We've both lost 5 tanks now and are left with just 3 each if I calculate correctly.
PS- the Tig in the left background has got a damaged gun, its turret is stuck in the 10 o' clock position and its running round like a cockeyed crackhead ha ha...
Oh and if anybody's wondering where my infantry are, they're in the ville but I've edited them out of the pic so Leto's spies won't see them, ha ha ha.. :)

[Image: ltig3.jpg]
07-21-2007, 03:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-23-2007, 05:29 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
POS v LETO DAR (Firefs v Tigers)
STRIKE, COUNTERSTRIKE

1 - I'm thirsting for Tiger blood so I hurl my frothing-at-the-mouth 3-Firefly wolfpack into the heart of the ville to get a guaranteed LOS along the road into his Tiger group..

2 - But he simultaneously unleashes his Tigers towards the ville, and all I take out is the rear Tig with no losses to myself..

At last I get an accurate count - he's got 3 Tigs left plus 1 with a damaged gun, and I've got 3 Fireflies left..

[Image: ltig4.jpg]