• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

POS v SCHWERPUNKT (Fireflies v Tigers) ***
07-12-2007, 09:23 PM,
RE: POS beats SCHWERPUNKT (Fireflies v Tigers)
I think POS tactics will often win in "armour" games, with limited points for the other element types.

The tactics can be beaten in any other force pick, including unrestricted, by a good combined arms player.

It's not like POS isn't completely up front about what he wants to play and how he intends to play it, so good luck to him.

Loved the newspaper :)
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2007, 09:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-12-2007, 09:39 PM by Fullhouse.)
Sure,

but the results he has shown in normal scenarios and QBs hardly justify his self proclaimed title as master tactician. He can win only under very narrow and tight parameters but in a more general context his results are piss poor. Its just sadly predictable that he dosnt play games in the wider context, challenging players to play him on scenarios he designs himself that are predicated by the only conditions by which he stands a chance (well above 20%) of achieving victory, then going on to post a million aars titled POS beats HISOWNDRUM.

Where were the AARs when he lost or drew 9 out of 11 games on this ladder. (after which he declared that he would never play on this ladder again.)

Strange behavior imo.

07-13-2007, 01:16 AM,
RE:��POS beats SCHWERPUNKT (Fireflies v Tigers)
07-13-2007, 01:26 AM,
Antoni Chmielowski (FGM) Wrote:Nice medals POS !, but most heroes dont feel the need to flash them at everybody to try and impress society.

You could always wear sunglasses if they dazzle you too much mate.. :)
07-13-2007, 01:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-13-2007, 02:05 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
07-13-2007, 02:05 AM,
Send me the turn. I'll take Germans. We can switch up later if you like.

Cheers!

Leto
07-13-2007, 02:08 AM,
Hey POS,i'm always ready to be thought how to kill :smg: So,i hereby officially challange you to an attack/defend game :whis: Let's say a mirrored 3000pts Unrestricted/Combined Arms QB.You pick the game and the parameters.And just for fun,let's make it a ladder game.Heck,we can register it-if you wish-on both the blitz and the WPC ladder.Wadda ya say?
Send this user an email
07-13-2007, 02:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-13-2007, 02:30 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
raz_atoth Wrote:Hey POS,i'm always ready to be thought how to kill :smg: So,i hereby officially challange you to an attack/defend game :whis: Let's say a mirrored 3000pts Unrestricted/Combined Arms QB.You pick the game and the parameters.And just for fun,let's make it a ladder game.Heck,we can register it-if you wish-on both the blitz and the WPC ladder.Wadda ya say?

Thanks for the offer mate but you KNOW I don't play big stodgy monstrosities over 2000 pts, and you KNOW I don't play big infantry-heavy CA gay parades, and you KNOW I don't play on the Blitz ladder.
So you therefore KNOW i'll refuse your kind offer and you'll be let off the hook.
Nice move.. ;)

PS - Hey how about a Firefs v Tigs rematch?
Surely you want revenge?
07-13-2007, 02:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-13-2007, 02:35 AM by Von Earlmann.)
PoorOldSpike Wrote:
raz_atoth Wrote:Hey POS,i'm always ready to be thought how to kill :smg: So,i hereby officially challange you to an attack/defend game :whis: Let's say a mirrored 3000pts Unrestricted/Combined Arms QB.You pick the game and the parameters.And just for fun,let's make it a ladder game.Heck,we can register it-if you wish-on both the blitz and the WPC ladder.Wadda ya say?

Thanks for the offer mate but you KNOW I don't play big stodgy monstrosities over 2000 pts, and you KNOW I don't play big infantry-heavy CA gay parades, and you KNOW I don't play on the Blitz ladder.
So you therefore KNOW i'll refuse your kind offer and you'll be let off the hook.
Nice move.. ;)

Lol.I'm quite flexible in my pickings Big Grin I don't mind if it's a 2k Qb.If you don't like CA,well,let's make it unrestricted.I'm sure some infantry here and there won't bother you to much? :smoke: And as a bonus,let's report it only on the WPC ladder.If i can help you climb/stay on top of the WPC ladder,i'll gladly do it. ;)
Send this user an email
07-13-2007, 03:04 AM,
RE:����POS beats SCHWERPUNKT (Fireflies v Tigers)
raz_atoth Wrote:I don't mind if it's a 2k Qb.If you don't like CA,well,let's make it unrestricted.And as a bonus,let's report it only on the WPC ladder.If i can help you climb/stay on top of the WPC ladder,i'll gladly do it. ;)

Okay I might be interested but first consider a Firef's v Tigs rematch, I can't understand why you don't like it?
Remember even though there are only 4 infantry platoons per side,its a very powerful infantry force because they have 4 schreks/PIATs, plus grenades, and there are lots of thick trees for them to sneak up on enemy tanks or ambush them.
Heck if each schrek/PIAT only killed one tank, that's half the enemy tank force up the spout to begin with.. :)
And of course each side gets a sniper to take out tank commanders, so tanks certainly won't rule the roost in this one.. :)
Used properly, a small inf force in dense terrain can be quite devastating, so look on it as a challenge of skill to get the best out of them.
After all, anybody can flood a map with a zillion infantry but where's the skill in that?