• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Raz 'the killing machine' atoth vs mixmaster-TankOdessky-(Mixmaster keep out!)
06-27-2007, 04:34 AM,
RE: Raz 'the killing machine' atoth vs mixmaster-TankOdessky-(Mixmaster keep out!)
TURN 2-ORDERS
Since i'm confident my 88mm gun can escape his arty shells,i didn't order it to fire.Yet...The T34s aren't in range anyhow.And even if they were the chances would had been quite low.The jeeps are in range and the probability to hit them are 14% and 20%.Maybe it would have been higher if they were T34s-due to the higher silhouette but not much higher.At this moment,it's more important not to give my gun's position away.As for the stug it received a cover armor arc in the bridge direction.The area fire order from the previous turn was canceled anyhow when the LOS was blocked by smoke.At least it will make the crews of the first(s) T34 wet their pants when they'll see my stug targeting that area. :smoke:
Also,the 50mm mortar attached to the brave platoon defending tomsk was ordered to fire in the area where that unit i believe to be a 82mm mortar was spotted.It has 45 rounds and since i doubt there will a better chance to fire them i plan to drop them all.
[Image: BarbarossatoBerlin2007-06-2618-47-2.jpg]
Finally,since i now have a rough idea about the location from which mixmaster's attack(s) will start,i ordered my Panzers to move forward.Since speed is the key i gave them a 'fast order'.Hopefully the veteran crews won't screw it,and bog in the light snow :happy:
[Image: BarbarossatoBerlin2007-06-2618-47-5.jpg]
As for the SS company in halftracks,as in the previous turn,it continues to ruch to reinforce the village.If only those light tanks won't spot them....:rolleyes:
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-2007, 04:37 AM,
RE: Raz 'the killing machine' atoth vs mixmaster-TankOdessky-(Mixmaster keep out!)
nice post raz! Enjoying it
06-27-2007, 04:41 AM,
Not as much as i enjoy your two DARs,Dave cheers
Send this user an email
06-29-2007, 02:40 AM,
Turn 2
[Image: BarbarossatoBerlin2007-06-2818-45-3.jpg]

Could it be true? ;) Looks like the advance has (somehow) stalled.I was ready to bet my men would have been fighting for their lives,by now :smoke: But this happens when you are to eager to get your tanks blown away :kill: You rush your tanks forward,only to find out they start bumping one into another.I love it when it happens.To my opponents,of course Big Grin Or perhaps mixmaster just forgot to sacrifice the required number of goats and is now punished by his master?I'm inclined to believe the second option is true.How else could i explain my 88mm gun is still alive and kicking(or at least it will be quite soon) after 2 turns of arty shells landing near-bye? ;)
My only concern is that a third platoon of T34s seems to be coming from Kazan.But what are some lousy T34s for the mighty german army?A couple of shells and they'll be all burning :smg: And if i think about it,i might actually do mixmaster's men a service.I heard from miles away how they complained about the cold. :whis:
Send this user an email
06-30-2007, 02:11 AM,
TURN 3-ORDERS
Greetings ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to another episode from the popular series "How to wipe out a russian armored column in 24 turns". :smoke:
The current situation goes like this:
[Image: BarbarossatoBerlin2007-06-2918-40-0.jpg]
What seems to be like 2 platoons of T34s are packed on the bridge.At this stage my fingers are really itchy.I have a 88mm gun and i'm not afraid to use it ;) The only problem is that my gun has 47% chances of hitting the first T34,and to be honest i'm not quite thrilled at the thought of having all kind of HE shells landing nearby,after it will miss. :whis: Because it will miss!I did told you how evil-master made a pact with Satan,didn't i? :hissy:
I also don't know what mixmaster will do next with his armor in this turn.If he would quickly advance his armor,as he did in the previous 2 turns,i would fire my gun on his advancing column,since as i'm sure you all know by now-the accuracy of moving AFVs isn't exactly high.And as a bonus,i would probably take out his lead tank thus blocking the road/bridge for a turn or two. :kill: In any case i won't risk my precious gun yet.Or maybe one of you,fine gents,will be so kind to tell me what he'll do next and mail me the plans i'm sure he posted in his DAR?There will be a green clicky for you if you do it :happy: The Coil? cheers
As for my reinforcements they are quickly moving near the village.From what i could determine my halftracks won't come in the range of his light armor.Hopefully i'm right.I really need those troops in the village when he will start moving.
[Image: BarbarossatoBerlin2007-06-2918-39-2.jpg]
Send this user an email
07-02-2007, 12:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-02-2007, 07:14 AM by Von Earlmann.)
TURN 3
Unteroffizier Altmann was happy.So far he had quite a pleasent life in one of the hot field kitchens.While the heroes died for the glory of the motherland in the cold trenches.....Yes,he heard the gossips about the incoming russian armored column.....Defeatist! Only defeatist!How could it be true?Didn't the Fuhrer brilliantly explained in his last speech that the red army was virtually annihilated?And this irritating maj-gen. Bannon!What's wrong with him?!Doesn't he know cooks don't fight?Maybe it is about time to contact Gestapo and to tell them how the will to fight of the brave german army is undermined? Sudenly,a vibrant noise,and the roof started to fall apart.Tank engines could be heard nearby.Altmann was lucky.Just a few scratches.He quickly inspected the remaining rubbles and saw that half of his group was lying dead.A strange look in his eyes....He grabbed a grenade bundle and laid down waiting for an enemy tank to come closer.Madness?Bravery?
[Image: BarbarossatoBerlin2007-07-0101-2-1.jpg]
Send this user an email
07-02-2007, 01:02 AM,
TURN 4-ORDERS
maj-gen Bannon looked at the advancing russian column.He had them right where he wanted them.With a sardonic smile he ordered Obg. Edelstein to fire the 88 mm gun.He knew Edelstein was able to hit a fly from miles away with his gun.The russian tanks won't stand a chance. :whis:
His only concern was that the trucks carrying the furniture his wife wanted won't make it.The bolshevik light tanks already hit one.Well,he'll deal with them later.In the meantime he was more busy ordering the platoon that disembarked from the halftracks to take positions in the village....
[Image: BarbarossatoBerlin2007-07-0101-31-3.jpg]
...or to coordinate the counter-attack the panzers will soon launch....
[Image: BarbarossatoBerlin2007-07-0101-34-5.jpg]

Send this user an email
07-06-2007, 08:50 AM,
07-10-2007, 04:56 AM,
Obergefraiter Edelstein carefully overlooked the russian column.He could clearly hear how a young russian lieutenant was cursing his men.For the earlier bumpings perhaps.The air was almost vibrating from all the threats of deportation to Syberia.In the right tank,a nervous sergeant-was investigating with his binocular every possible bush he could see.Looking for AT guns probably.Fortunately not in the right direction :whis:
The loader placed the 88mm 'baby' in the gun,ready for delivery....Only one thing was missing.A photographer to immortalize the whole scene.Edelstein could almost see the headlines of the newspapers: "A brave german soldier defending the Reich and the Western Civilization against the nomadic hordes".And all those girls who refused to date him before,screaming and begging....at his door :whis:
And the gun fired.The first tank was hit and quickly abandoned by it's crew.Just like rats leaving a sinking ship,Edelstein thought.The russian lieutenant was cursing again.Edelstein couldn't tell,nor really cared if that was because of the lost T34 or because the missing leg.He was to busy aiming again.Another shoot and a second T34 was hit.In the meantime a halftrack joined the show and with a well placed MG burst,put an enemy jeep into flames.It must have been the jeep carrying his collection of magazines with naked ladies inside,judging from the reaction of the russian commander :smoke: Just like bugs-feeling they'll soon be crushed- the enemy T34s started to fall back.Still enemy HE shells started landing annoyingly closer.But who cared?How can you care about some lousy russian HE shells when you are under the command of maj-gen Bannon?Another shoot and a third T34 was hit.The bad news came from behind,though.Apparently Unteroffizier's Geiger STUG was hit by the red dogs.After missing his target three times!And he calls himself a veteran!Why did the Fuhrer needed those assault guns anyhow?When the AT guns can do ten times the damage!:smg:
[Image: BarbarossatoBerlin2007-07-0301-03-4.jpg]
Send this user an email
07-21-2007, 09:01 AM,
Obergefraiter Edelstein was one of those young fools who thought they can change the world.He volunteered,just shortly after the war started,for the glory of the Reich.Man,those luftwaffe posters were quite impressive."Be the master of the skies',they said.And the uniforms!How could any lady resist him?
The instruction was though,yet when it was over Edelstein was able to maneveur an 88mm gun with his eyes closed.He was one of the best!And Edelstein was lucky too.His newly formed regiment was sent to France just when the war in the west was over.But these were all memories.Now,he was sitting near his knocked gun praying that those mortar shells will miss him.Why oh why did he had to fool around with the daughter of his commander?He really enjoyed Paris,and before he knew what hit him,he was freezing in the cold trenches of the eastern front.
[Image: BarbarossatoBerlin2007-07-2100-56-3.jpg]

Everything that could go wrong went wrong.As soon as the turn begun mortar shells started landing near my gun :angry: Obviously it was knocked out in a matter of seconds.Well,at least it nailed 3 T34s :whis: And to make matter worse,one of my halftracks was hit as well. :kill: The losses are pretty even so far,but i'm defending,so i can't afford to lose on a 1-1 basis:rolleyes:
But at least i'm hoping to take out those pesky light tanks,mixmaster pushed forward which took out no less than three of my trucks!.A halftrack with a 37mm gun,and a PSW with a 20mm gun,should be more than enough to deal with them.
[Image: BarbarossatoBerlin2007-07-1501-16-3.jpg]
Send this user an email