• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Idiots Guide making Leto Grumble, Bemoan & Otherwise Lament Everything CM ***
08-03-2007, 01:15 PM,
RE: The Idiots Guide making Leto Grumble, Bemoan & Otherwise Lament Everything CM ***
Turn 24/25 - The left flank cracks

I cant wait to read the commentary about this on Leto's DAR. Taking out that SU-100 was certainly a big deal for him.

At this point I had 7 HE shells left in the SU-100. I knew long term my best bet was to just pull back and not let the SU-100 get in harms way. In a defense like I am doing, just having a live tank is usually more important than the damage it can do. And knowing that the tank dies on turn 25, that was obviously what I should have done. However, I couldnt resist to try the little pincer move shown below.

[Image: Leto24left.jpg]

As you can see, Leto moving out from behind those trees with the front armor facing my gun. My hope was to kill the 150s with the gun, and then the Stugs (later I found out they were hetzers) would turn to engage the gun. About the time the stugs were engaged with the gun, my SU-100 would end its fast/hunt order with perfect side shots on those stugs. i knew that would really be exposing my SU-100 to his infantry, but I figured if I took out his two 150s and the stug that still had a working gun it would be worth it.

Well my plan didnt work. The gun missed the first 150 twice and then set it on fire with the third shot. That delay gave the 2nd 150 time to reverse behind the smoke and into safety. Then my gun bounces two tungsten and an AP round off the stug (later found out to be hetzer) at 100m.

And to top it off, the SU-100 was too slow and never made it to the fight.

(to note some other things in the picture - the purple unit is a mortar that went to panic by a gun blasting away at the red x. The yellow lines are some of my cover arcs)

[Image: leto24left2.jpg]

So on turn 25, I try to reverse my SU-100 back to safety, but he gets fausted by a inf unit that has no less than 4 panzerfausts - sigh. I didnt think Leto had managed to get troops that far, but that was another casualty of bad force picks. I just didnt have enough troops to keep eyes over the entire battlefield.

The group of inf I have circled in blue/green I try to shift to protect my spotter, but Leto breaks most of them with some sort of HE (I cant remember) and they become a rabble force. About 10 or so turns later when my spotter dies, I try to withdraw them to my last line of defense on that side - a kill spot with airborns SMG squads and a TRP, but most of the troops dont make it.

Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2007, 02:45 PM,
RE: The Idiots Guide making Leto Grumble, Bemoan & Otherwise Lament Everything CM **
Colonel Talvela Wrote:I cant wait to read the commentary about this on Leto's DAR.

He's been calling you (your troops actually) names.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply