• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Idiots Guide making Leto Grumble, Bemoan & Otherwise Lament Everything CM ***
06-26-2007, 04:22 AM,
RE: The Idiots Guide making Leto Grumble, Bemoan & Otherwise Lament Everything CM
Turn 14 action - What is he doing????

Leto continues to try to edge forward in the middle, but he hasnt triggered the wrath of my smg yet. I see a HMG moving into support position.

I also get some tank sound contacts on my left, but no ids.

Then a strange thing - Leto starts dropping art on some empty woods. I guess I really have him scared.

[Image: Letoartilleryleft.jpg]

From the looks if it, I figure it to be 105mm rounds. Wow, I really hope that continues.

Oh no
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

That is my 107mm spotter. I gave him a target order a few turns back just in case, and I forgot to reset him. 9 of 40 rounds pissed into the wind. sigh.

Quote this message in a reply
06-26-2007, 05:44 AM,
RE: The Idiots Guide making Leto Grumble, Bemoan & Otherwise Lament Everything CM
My left

[Image: LetoLeft.jpg]

This is a pretty good position as well. Leto just started area firing towards my gun on the far left.
06-26-2007, 12:17 PM,
RE:��The Idiots Guide making Leto Grumble, Bemoan & Otherwise Lament Everything CM
Colonel Talvela Wrote:btw, I hesitate posting this because the coil could possibly use some of these tactics on me in our other game.

Colonel Talvela Wrote:Oh no
That is my 107mm spotter. I gave him a target order a few turns back just in case, and I forgot to reset him. 9 of 40 rounds pissed into the wind. sigh.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna chance it on this one and not borrow any of your scintillating tactics.
06-26-2007, 04:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-26-2007, 04:14 PM by Der Kuenstler.)
06-26-2007, 04:41 PM,
DOOM
06-26-2007, 04:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-26-2007, 04:53 PM by Der Kuenstler.)
06-26-2007, 04:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-26-2007, 04:56 PM by Der Kuenstler.)
RE:��The Idiots Guide making Leto Grumble, Bemoan & Otherwise Lament Everything CM
10th Mnt Div jdsu Wrote:DOOM

Thanks for the vote of confidence my old friend- LOL

Should I just toss in the towel now?
06-26-2007, 05:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2007, 04:15 PM by Der Kuenstler.)
07-13-2007, 08:42 AM,
After a long delay by Leto - and then lack of motivation by me because I am scared - we finally get this going again. I never did figure out what to do about the company of fusilers sneaking around my right flank. So I decided to do nothing. If I dont acknowledge the problem maybe it will go away.
08-03-2007, 12:25 PM,
RE: The Idiots Guide making Leto Grumble, Bemoan & Otherwise Lament Everything CM ***
Since Leto is no doubt libeling my name in his DAR, I figure I can post a few make-up shots of the important events.

Turn 23:
[Image: Turn23action.jpg]

Here you see the conscipt spotter getting shot at for the first time. That was an important moment, because he never recovered, and died about 10 turns later in the foxhole (marked with the red x).

Why was he up there in the first place? Now that is a great question. I dont know what I was thinking - obviously I wasnt - but it happened something like this:

- About where the yellow line starts at the bottom of the picture was where my spotter was originally. I wanted to move the spotter to where he could get LOS to where the green line on the right ends, so I moved him down that long lane of trees. Well there werent any Germans over there - I thought he had gone the long way around like he did on my right, so I moved the target line to where you see it on the left of the picture. then those Germans show up right where my old target was, but by then it was too late. I tried to move back, but got spotted and the rest is history. That is the big problem with conscript spotters - they get spotted easy and they stay pinned easily.