• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: is there interst in a separate tourney Sub forums?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
76.47%
13 76.47%
No
0%
0 0%
Don't care
23.53%
4 23.53%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Tournament Sub Foums interest?
06-12-2007, 03:58 AM,
RE: Tournament Sub Foums interest?
Thanx for explanation, Dev.

I just had a look at CM forums. Nothing more is needed, well done (whoever came up with an idea done a good work)
Think first, fight afterwards - the soldier's art
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2007, 08:08 AM,
You can always move a thread back to the top of the list by typing anything in it and hitting enter. Traditionally it's 'bump' which means you are bumping the thread back to the top.
It is considered rude by the unwritten rules of the web, but it's actual use depends on the administration. Some don't care, some do.
I used to do that a lot (not here) until an administrator pointed out that if there was an interest in a topic, there was no need to bump it and if there was a need to bump it, then there was no interest and I should leave it alone. He was correct, so I stopped bumping topics.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
06-12-2007, 10:05 AM,
partialy true, but why administartors make some topics sticky then ? :)

If moderator can do that, then users have the right to bump.

Anyways, Blitz boards are by far least restrictive I ever seen. One of the reasons I like the place for years now.
Boards are for users, not the other way around (like in many places on the web. Must have something to do with people getting power in the net they never had in RL. Good admin is the one you see only when you need him. Otherwise you shouldnt even know he exists. My opinion anyways.)
06-12-2007, 10:09 AM,
BTW I've seen boards you ould be kicked out if you made two posts, one after another. I found out later, people there thought most important members were the ones with biggest amount of posts made. They ruled the board. Gee, can you imagine...and they were male, not female LMAO
06-13-2007, 05:31 AM,
RE:�� Tournament Sub Foums interest?
RedDevil Wrote:Wufirs tourney can be resisted in the Blitz as well I just need his member # and a link to a web site (if any) to put him in the list.

Maybe next time...

...this invasion-Gotland-thingy is an experiment, if it falls well out and there is interest the chance is good there would be other "operations"...
06-14-2007, 12:22 PM,
I think it would be a good idea to keep the daily info seperate from the main stuff.
Bis peccare in bello no licet - One cannot blunder twice in war.
06-14-2007, 03:42 PM,
RE: �� Tournament Sub Foums interest?
wulfir Wrote:
RedDevil Wrote:Wufirs tourney can be resisted in the Blitz as well I just need his member # and a link to a web site (if any) to put him in the list.

Maybe next time...

...this invasion-Gotland-thingy is an experiment, if it falls well out and there is interest the chance is good there would be other "operations"...
To what conditions campaign should satisfy to be registered in The Blitz ?

Let's admit, originally the general forces of the parties are approximately equal.
Further after movings unequal fights can be created.
The commander of weakness can try to keep the armies, having found out advantage of the opponent.
The result will be worthy entering into rating The Blitz.

Tournaments are more balanced, but are less interesting from the point of view of modelling military operations.
Participation of campaign in rating The Blitz increases desire to win.
Especially if for it medals will be given. :)

P.S.: There is a desire in the near future to make campaign (WinSPMBT + COCAT).
Whether I can count on cooperation with The Blitz ?

Send this user an email
06-14-2007, 09:52 PM,
Simply inform the custodian of your ladder your intent to have a tournament/ campaign.

Supply him with your Rules and rewards, so he can determine if anything should be suggested for change. (usually nothing) but just to be sure.

give your member # and a URL if you have a site for tournament, so it can be listed in Blitz tourney page

Recruit your gamers and get gaming.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard