• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

During Action Report: CT attacks The Coil (No Coil Access)
06-21-2007, 08:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-21-2007, 12:58 PM by Der Kuenstler.)
RE: During Action Report: CT attacks The Coil (No Coil Access)
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2007, 02:27 PM,
Turn 14 Orders - A pleasent Surprise

Well I started this turn and noticed something quite pleasent right away.
[Image: Turn14ordersmg.jpg]

Finally the MG is on his belly. I dont really know if something caused it in his orders phase (that seems doubtful), so that seems like a small victory. Same orders here - Fire At Will!

On the right:
[Image: turn14ordersright.jpg]
In my previous post I mentioned that him withdrawing troops only helps if he has other units that can prevent me from persuing. Well now I am persuing. Cpl Cooper is going to take his 4 remaining rifles in his half-squad and assault the woods. As I write this I realize that I should have pushed Lt Strosnider's HQ unit forward, because that half-squad will almost certainly go out of command range. I also have another half-squad rushing forward to some rocky ground (soft cover but still better than open) hoping to either draw some fire or get a spot on hiding units. Lastly I have a flamer that is going to try to cross the 100m of open ground and get into the rough. He might not make it, but it is worth a try.

Off screen about 300m back I fast moved the M10 to behind another patch of woods. Hopefully The Coil will get a spot on it and will keep any guns over there silent for a few more turns.

To the center woods -
[Image: Turn14orderswoods.jpg]
The main action here is that Cpl Atak's half squad is going to continue its assault futher into the woods. I figure there is a good chance he gets gunned down, so I decided to give an area fire order for him to toss his satchel charges at the German marker - even though I also assume there is a good chance that that particular unit will get a withdrawel order. So I could either lose Atak's squad, or waste his satchels, or possible blast those Germans to hell. Who knows. More fun that doing nothing though.

On the left I will mention that I am pushing three units forward just a bit. I am hoping I dont run into an ambush, but I am getting bored over there.
06-21-2007, 03:37 PM,
Turn 14 Action - Super Half-squad

Not much to report except -
[Image: Turn14action.jpg]

Cpl Atak's half squad reveals the entire platoon in turn. I dont know if you can follow the picture above, but amazingly enough the half-squad didnt suffer any casualties and never even went pinned. That was partly due to the fact that he has a +2Morale HQ and partly because at some point in the turn two of the squads turned their attention to a flamer 80m away.

Other things to note is that the MG in the middle popped up instantly and fired all turn. I am sick of that guy.

On the right, I was able to eliminate 1 squad, and the other two received withdrawel orders. Mop up action now - unless their is an ambush in there, which is entirely possible.

On the left, advance three units but no contact - good.

06-21-2007, 04:00 PM,
Turn 15 orders - More of the same

Well still working on taking my two objectives listed above. Objective 1 is almost complete:
[Image: Turn15ordersright.jpg]

Going to mop up in the woods - cautiously. A clever tactic would be to have some fresh units in there to ambush me, but I am going to try to avoid that - even though I would consider it highly unlikely right now.

I am also advancing a little bit further at a couple places on this side since I am pretty confident that platoon has offered that last of its meaningful resistance.

In the center woods:
[Image: Turn15orders.jpg]
Lots of small arms fire... no mortars... try to throw some satchels... and try to run a flamer to within range. Seems like we have done this before. Lets see how it works here.

Things to note:
-I am pulling some units away from firing at the MG to fire at these center woods.
-I put cover arcs on my mmgs firing at that pesky german MG42 - I dont have the mg ammo to waste.
-In the bottom right of the picture above you see two fast moves with rotates. Those are two squads from Lt Beretta's platoon (more or less in reserve) moving over to get some shots on the Germans in the center woods.
-On the far left of this picture I am way more bunched up than I really should be and very susceptable to artillery there. But if art does fall, I doubt it will be there, and I really want to get max small arms fire on those germans in the woods.
-Still basically holding on the left. Need to get these woods cleared out first.
-AFVs still just hanging back
06-22-2007, 01:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2007, 01:51 PM by Der Kuenstler.)
06-23-2007, 03:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-23-2007, 03:06 PM by Der Kuenstler.)
06-25-2007, 01:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-25-2007, 01:14 PM by Der Kuenstler.)
06-25-2007, 02:05 PM,
Turn 20 Orders

[Image: turn20orders.jpg]

The assault on my left begins. Lt Lorentzen advances his men, while flanking units advance on the other side of the hill.

Classic pincers move that should go through resistance pretty easily.
06-27-2007, 03:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-27-2007, 03:13 PM by Der Kuenstler.)
06-29-2007, 02:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2007, 03:01 AM by Der Kuenstler.)