• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

During Action Report: CT attacks The Coil (No Coil Access)
06-11-2007, 02:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-11-2007, 03:34 PM by Colonel Talvela.)
During Action Report: CT attacks The Coil (No Coil Access)
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2007, 03:13 PM,
RE: During Action Report: CT attacks The Coil (No Coil Access)
Nice force picks :) I agree you gotta have a tank killer. He may not have the armour points allowance necessary to pick a Tiger or Panther, but if he does then the defender can cause a lot of damage with just the one.
06-11-2007, 03:26 PM,
I took a look at The Coil's stats (something I always do when I start a game). 35 games posted here. .660 win % in the last 6 months (25 games). ELO of 2104. The only opponent that we have in common is 1 game against Zemke; a total victory for The Coil. That is very impressive because zemke is a very good player - but I have to wonder (no disprect intended) if Zemke didnt abandon the game since he is deployed.

So that doesnt really tell me much about what I should expect. And since he is somewhat new - at least to the blitz - I am thinking a pretty standard defense.

So I suppose I will take a guess at the forces I will be encountering:

Reg PzGrendier Company (4 shreks, 4HMGs, & 2 mortars - plus the powerful 2 lmg squads)
Vet Stug platoon - everybody loves stugs and these are -5% off the purchase price
2 Vet sharpshooters - since we have been testing them
2 Reg 75mm Paks
1 reg 150mm sIG
1 reg tank hunter
1 reg 105 spotter
4 TRPs
4 barbed wire
4 anti-inf mines
2 trenches

1500 points.

Now this isnt really close to what I would purchase. I will save that for a different AAR.

06-12-2007, 06:54 AM,
Looking forward to see hwo this one pans out... is Coil going to do one from his perspective?
06-12-2007, 01:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-12-2007, 01:31 PM by McIvan.)
I'd buy the Stugs, but there's no way I think I'd ever buy one of those PzGren battalions....
06-12-2007, 02:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-12-2007, 02:52 PM by Colonel Talvela.)
06-13-2007, 12:24 AM,
Youch... you definitely need a new grid line mod... LOL
06-13-2007, 01:31 AM,
ok, that is fixed - lol
06-13-2007, 07:09 AM,
Not too bad a map...there's very little heavy woods around the flags for the defender. Scattered woods will not be half as good for him. Still some nasty open spaces to cross for the last hurdle...
06-13-2007, 07:48 AM,
To defend that far left small flag he really has to hold the woods (preferably with wire) that I have a red line going to. The problem with that is that it really spreads the defense out and would be almost impossible to redeploy them to the center if I decided to attack hard to his right - which I probably should do as I look at this closer.