• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

During Action Report: CT attacks The Coil (No Coil Access)
06-14-2007, 02:55 AM,
RE: During Action Report: CT attacks The Coil (No Coil Access)
If I was the Coil, I would write that flag off and not even bother to defend it, except maybe some very minor unit (a 2-man LMG unit or something) just to occupy it at the start.

I have better luck concentrating my defense on the areas the attacker has to take to win than guarding every last flag.
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2007, 12:02 PM,
Orders turn 1.

[Image: turn1ordersjb5.jpg]

Pretty much straight forward for everybody

The AFVs are hanging back on my right waiting to be needed. The more I think about it, the more I might try to concentrate on my left side.

06-17-2007, 02:03 PM,
Turn 2 Orders - No contact yet

[Image: turn2orders.jpg]
06-17-2007, 02:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-17-2007, 02:19 PM by Colonel Talvela.)
06-17-2007, 03:54 PM,
Attack is the best form of defence, apparently. Although I suspect whoever wrote that hadn't made the acquaintance of the Combat Mission Attack/Defence points split.
06-17-2007, 04:55 PM,
I will often push units forward when I am defending. But not through open ground - and definitely not a HMG.

Maybe a sharpshooter if I want to get an early view of the attack. Or a lmg/atr team. Or even a platoon if there is a good spot to defend with.

But preferably something that can run away if need be.
06-17-2007, 09:48 PM,
That's the cast of "The Deerhunter, the WW2 Days" setting up shop.. you should just ignore them..
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
06-18-2007, 03:13 PM,
Turn 4 orders

Nothing too exciting. A squad on my right is taking some fire. Below is the picture of where I am at, and where I want to get for phase 1.

[Image: turn4orders.jpg]

Right now my troops are just an unorganized mess. Half of them are out of command. They are tired or tiring and all jumbled together. They have been just moving forward as fast as possible through the easiest terrain. Since he is shooting at me, I will start splitting into half-squads and being deliberate about my approach.

On the extremes of both map edges are my sharpshooters. I am trying to get them as far as possible into the back of the map.
06-19-2007, 06:22 AM,
I am trying to organize my attack a little better, so I will print out more detailed screenshots.

[Image: Turn5OrdersRight.jpg]

Captain Watson is the high-ranking officer leading the charge down the right flank. He is a green Captain just reporting to the front, but he is a good leader (+2Firepower, +1Stealth) and he is currently getting in his first shots in as he tries to eliminate that LMG team that is in his way. His battle-group consists of:

- Two platoons led by two good platoon leaders - Lt Strosnider (+2Morale, +2Firepower, +1Command) & Lt Dubbins (+2F & +1S).

- 6 flamers
- 2 MMGs
- 2 zooks
- 3 60 mm mortars
- 1 81 mm mortar
- 1 Crach sharpshooter
- Lt Lavita - another good HQ unit (+1M, +2F, +C, +2S)

Captain Watson was happy for the good cover leading all the way to battalion's objective 1, but he is somewhat worried about German artillery and TRPs. So Watson ordered Lt Dubbins to lead with his platoon (splitting into half-squads). Lt Strosnider is going to spread his platoon out a little and cover Dubbins approach. To assist in providing cover, Cpl Houston is taking is MG group to the spot show above and should be able to get LOS on any Germans that show up in the red arc.

06-19-2007, 06:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-19-2007, 03:47 PM by Der Kuenstler.)