• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

During Action Report: CT attacks The Coil (No Coil Access)
06-29-2007, 03:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2007, 03:26 AM by Der Kuenstler.)
RE: During Action Report: CT attacks The Coil (No Coil Access)
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2007, 03:48 AM,
Overview - Turn 27
Here is my strategy at this point.
[Image: Turn27overview.jpg]

In the middle, by the small flag that at this point is show US control, I finally eliminated that pesky HMG (if I was the coil I would sneak another squad into that foxhole and keep a short cover arc on him). I actually had an assault order to cross that 40m of open ground and get into those woods, but I canceled it for two reasons. 1)He is probably expecting that so he will (hopefully now that I am not doing it) have some guns waiting for whoever tries to cross that & 2)there is no reason to open up another front I have to fight against. Although I suppose it is possible there are no units there, I just cant risk it at this point. So instead of going into those woods, that platoon is deploying to help out the critical area, which is the rough ground cicrled in light blue. I have to destroy them, and on turn 28 I plan on having 4 60mm mortars and 1 81mm mortar dropping shells on a closely packed platoon there. I will say with confidence that will break one of those platoons in the blue circle (there are two and possibly a third coming to reinforce).

On the far left of the pictur are some blue lines. I am pulling that platoon back a bit to eliminate a pesky german on the very far left, and then sweep towards the back of the map and destroy the platoon circled in purple that is in a heavy fight with Lt Lorentzen's platoon. Lt Lorentzen's platoon seems to have the upper hand at this point, but we want to leave no doubt. Then both platoons will follow the brown arrows and charge towards the MG bunker.

The red circle in the middle is a KO'd gun. So I am moving a priest to a keyhole spot that should be able to shoot along that red line and blast anything in those woods to oblivion.

The brown arrows on the right are where I expect my right battlegroup to be able to move down in a few turns after it takes care of it resistance over there. Then when they are in position I will finally assault that woods with the small flag in the middle.

So that is the plan.
06-29-2007, 07:37 AM,
Turn 27 action - The Breaking Point

It looks like the Coils troops are very close to their breaking point - especially the troops in the center of his defense that really need to hold.

[Image: Turn28action.jpg]

[Image: turn28action2.jpg]

When troops start doing the belly-dance-of-death, things are never going well.

The red circle in the second picture is where I have 4 60mm and an 81mm mortar targeted to land during turn 28. I cant imagine those three squads not running for the rear.

so unless he has something to fill the gap, that will just start the snowball effect as now I have pretty much the same number of troops and considerably less targets.
06-29-2007, 03:48 PM,
Turn 28 action -

My HQ moved just enough so that my mortars didnt fire on those squads. So only 1 broke, and the other two managed to kill a vet squad of mine that was trying to throw a satchel.

Turn 29 action

[Image: Turn29actioncenter.jpg]

I assault this middle flag and throw a satchel. You can see the explosion and all the fire on that one squad, but it doesnt even lay down. Got to be a +2 Morale leader back there. So on turn 30 I have my 5 mortars targeting those two German units in the middle. I sure hope that back one is the HQ. If I can break the HQ, that whole position should fall. If not, I am going to have a tough time winning this game.

But even +2 morale HQ units cant stand up to a 5 mortar barrage so (barring that not being the HQ unit) I still think I can either take or push all the flags. But it sure has been a tough and nasty fight. I am ready for it to be over actually.
06-30-2007, 05:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2007, 05:45 AM by Der Kuenstler.)
06-30-2007, 04:24 PM,
Turn 32 Action - An Exhausting Final Push

I finally get a bit of a breakthrough on my left around the rough. I broke the MG in the woods, eliminated two squads and sent one running to the rear. Maybe I can get a minor victory after-all. Going to be very very close.

[Image: Turn32action1.jpg]
The red circles in the background are the germans that have been on the far left - finally crawling away about to die.

The yellow are two squads being blasted by priest 105mm.

And in the foreground - an MG and another squad that gets eliminated by mortar fire.

Also, didnt your momma tell you not to play with fire indoors

[Image: Turn32action.jpg]
You can see the smoke trail from where the zook just fired and the house goes up in flames. Oops

Turn 34 orders - The shameless flag rush

It seems my best chance to push that big flag and get a minor victory is going to be a last turn flag rush by the exhausted and battle worn remnants of Lt Lorentzen's half squad.

[Image: Turn34orders.jpg]

07-01-2007, 03:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2007, 04:18 PM by Der Kuenstler.)
07-02-2007, 02:38 PM,
07-03-2007, 12:05 AM,
RE:��During Action Report: CT attacks The Coil (No Coil Access)