• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SAW: Mountain fighting
06-12-2007, 04:14 PM,
RE: SAW: Mountain fighting
What I dislike about real time is that I miss the point of contact. Tactical for me is all about this contest. I very much enjoy the actual point where the two units are fronting up to each other anad competing for ascendancy - a bit like contact sports really. For example, the contest over the scrum or ruck for for us rugby lovers. Or the tackle in football. With real time I tend to miss this as it is all happening at once.

At least with the "WeGo" in Combat mission you get the chance to replay and watch different points on the field. Probably why I enjoy this...though not as much as good old SB.
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2007, 03:29 AM,
RE:��SAW: Mountain fighting
Gasbag Wrote:....Hopefully SAW shows up in my mailbox today. Getting kind of jealous of everyone who has their copy already.:hissy:;)

Not half as jealous as yours truly who does not have the funding yet approved via his comptroller....er....wife. Ha.

I am also jonesing pretty badly for the new Matrix CS compilation. Perhaps for fathers day.
06-13-2007, 04:52 AM,
RE: ��SAW: Mountain fighting
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
06-13-2007, 08:07 AM,
So what if there a game that was turn-based (which i like) on a 3d map without the wego system.

06-14-2007, 07:27 AM,
Quote:Not half as jealous as yours truly who does not have the funding yet approved via his comptroller....er....wife. Ha.

I guess there are considerable benefits to being single!;) BTW; SAW came yesterday & it looks pretty :cool:.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe