• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Campaigns 2 ?
06-08-2007, 05:03 AM,
RE: Panzer Campaigns 2 ?
(stop kidding french buddies please!)

The question is still there: is PzC staff (who is doing a fantastic job) planning some new release of the wargame we all love?
Or must we prepare of 1, 2, 5 (10?) years of PzC v1.x to fill ours dreams (nightmares?) ;)

Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2007, 12:29 PM,
FLG should get points for creative thinking. A paid patch for things turned down in the past....hmmm.

This sounds good on the surface. There is a problem though. Such a direction would split the market for human vs human play. Those who pony up for these features and those who do not. Compatibility or at least a level playing field would become an issue when searching for opponents.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
06-08-2007, 04:03 PM,
RE:��Panzer Campaigns 2 ?
Arnaud Wrote:The question is still there: is PzC staff (who is doing a fantastic job) planning some new release of the wargame we all love?

Arnaud:

HPS never comments on projects or things which are in the works. Its just better that way - people don't have to wait and wonder when something is coming. When HPS announces it - you can buy it then or in a couple days.

Glenn
Send this user an email
06-08-2007, 11:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-08-2007, 11:57 PM by Tortue Agile.)
I think it is legitimate and normal to think about the future of the games we all love.

I know that a growing number of members would like to see a WEGO system implemented in a new version of PzCampaigns (knowing that it would be difficult to change the engine of the current version and past releases [17PzC so far and hundreds of scenarios would have to be updated for free, it is certainly impossible to do]).

Send this user an email
06-09-2007, 01:26 AM,
Log another vote for a WEGO system. I count myself a loyal customer of HPS (27 titles so far) but I'm afraid my enthusiasm for PzC's is waning because of the gaminess of turn-based movement & combat. IMHO this problem is the 'elephant in the room' in any discussion about improving the realism/replay value/enjoyment of the game system.

If a WEGO PzCII was ever produced I would happily start all over and buy the new series, one campaign at a time.
06-09-2007, 04:08 AM,
There's no wego right now I think built into the game, but you can play the game in phases (8 or so I think, offensive, def fire, etc). Better than nothing... But I like it the way it is. I normally do the turn from west to east or in some kind of order, so it's not completely random how I select units.
06-09-2007, 04:40 AM,
Dog Soldier Wrote:FLG should get points for creative thinking. A paid patch for things turned down in the past....hmmm.

This sounds good on the surface. There is a problem though. Such a direction would split the market for human vs human play. Those who pony up for these features and those who do not. Compatibility or at least a level playing field would become an issue when searching for opponents.

Dog Soldier

You could have an option to switch between the enhanced patch and basic system, that way patched up players could play people who haven't got the patch yet.

I know, I know, I'm flogging a dead horse. :)