• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Campaigns 2 ?
06-07-2007, 04:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-07-2007, 04:45 AM by Arnaud.)
Panzer Campaigns 2 ?
Hello there :)

I'v got a six millions dollars question: is there a chance to see some day on the racks a game called "Panzer Campaigns 2"?

I mean a new version of the actual game (Battlefront has made a Combat Mission 2, even a 3! Big Grin) , with new gameplay, some improvments....

I hope HPS (or JT) have some planning for the next 10 years, with new PzC (and Napoleonic) game....

What's your feeling about that?
;)
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2007, 04:38 AM,
RE: Panzer Campaigns 2 ?
Hello Arnaud,

What kind of improvement would you like to see?

Simultaneous resolution of turn?
Send this user an email
06-07-2007, 04:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-07-2007, 04:51 AM by Arnaud.)
Yes a wego system for example.

-Right clic on each unit to have orders and status
-Possibility to see the replay of my turn
-Possibility to see all game replays in one big replay (with pause)
-PBEM with 2 or 3 players in one scenario

these kind of things.. :whis:
Send this user an email
06-07-2007, 05:50 AM,
How about this. Instead of a new game how about a paid for funcitonality patch, maybe of the order of $30 to $50. Something which provides the sort of improvements Glenn often tells us aren't economical to do as unpaid for improvements. A patch that would be compatible with all existing games.

Examples would be such things as mines and obtsancles being treated differently, rather than as units. So you don't forget where they are but there status doesn't change until they are spotted again.

And how about a reworking of air. For example specified interdiction areas or a bomb bridge mission. Or maybe even on board air assets.

06-07-2007, 06:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-07-2007, 06:12 PM by mathocle.)
06-07-2007, 11:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-07-2007, 11:18 PM by grosbil.)
06-08-2007, 02:59 AM,
well i think i'm on Campaign France ...not Blitzkrieg...
06-08-2007, 03:24 AM,
I think perhaps we should be carefull what we wish for. Maybe it's just me but I feel that Panzer Campaigns two would come at the expense of more games for this series and I would not want that. The series continues to add with every new game and whilst perhaps alot of the glitz of some other games is missing the engine itself is without any shadow of a doubt the best of it's kind or in my book any kind. I still have so many titles I would like to see done that I would prefer efforts to be continued in that direction.
06-08-2007, 04:02 AM,
I agree with Typhoon. Besides, look at the possibilities of what can be added to MC series yet also. Plus I still keep hold of the hope of seeing a North African Campaign and Italian Campaign. Longshots to say the least, but it's my hope and I'm keeping it. Never know, when it comes to strategies, it could end up having a world map similar to Superpower and having all kinds of strategies coupled with the ability to zoom in and play the game First Blitzkrieg style or pz style.

And that's another thing. PC spawned MC, First Blitzkrieg could spawn the same for modern era.
06-08-2007, 04:40 AM,
New games could be released, but under the Panzer Campaign 2 engine.

I'm not sure there is room for many more MC. Fortunately there haven't been much conventional wars since 1945. And the game needs some balance: for example what would be the purpose of a war all stars vs a poor country (1st Gulf war 1991) ?

A game system which doesn't evolve is in trouble.

I remember in a different area, the famous Nascar Series titles by the defunct Papyrus. They were the best racing simulation available. But after 10 titles in 10 years, it should have been time to diversify and to find a second breath.

Perhaps this second HPS breath lies within the Ancient Wars series, using the we-go system.