• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The great software rip off!!!!!!!!!
06-30-2007, 05:59 AM,
RE: The great software rip off!!!!!!!!!
Oh Heaven to live in the US and get such great PC deals.Try buying the same in the UK Damn its rip off time with tax on this tax on that what would probably cost you guys in the US for a PC system say $500 would cost us the equivilent of say $1200.Even a music CD which costs say $15 in the whole of Europe for some reason costs $25 in the UK.We get less holidays work more hours and generally get paid less than the rest of Europe F****** country is really p******* me off.Anybody in the US want to adopt a UK family-sigh.
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2007, 07:34 AM,
RE: The great software rip off!!!!!!!!!
Let's remember that it took many months for XP to settle down as it is now taking with Vista.
Also even Microsoft admitted to some incompatibilty between Direct X and the CSeries.
As another part of their game Microsoft don't like reachback so older programmes can be lost. I have kept W98 as a partition on XP and strongly recommend keeping XP as a partition in Vista
06-30-2007, 09:50 AM,
RE:��The great software rip off!!!!!!!!!
Von Luck Wrote:Oh Heaven to live in the US and get such great PC deals.Try buying the same in the UK Damn its rip off time with tax on this tax on that what would probably cost you guys in the US for a PC system say $500 would cost us the equivilent of say $1200.Even a music CD which costs say $15 in the whole of Europe for some reason costs $25 in the UK.We get less holidays work more hours and generally get paid less than the rest of Europe F****** country is really p******* me off.Anybody in the US want to adopt a UK family-sigh.

All you need to know is some great friends like mine who own a PC shop, and I get my stuff done for cost price !