• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Total War in Germany 3.0
07-06-2007, 04:18 AM,
RE: Total War in Germany 3.0
The demo flag does work as described in the manual anyway, rather than as an engineer attribute of being able to demolish things. As Cpt Cav states, it is a flag used to allow units the ability to "demolish" fortifications and mines - specifically, per the manual, assaults against bunkers/pillboxes benefit from the inclusion of demo units, and they can remove mines.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2007, 08:04 AM,
Ah, thanks Captain Cav...I hadn't noticed Spetnaz have a chance of automatically disappearing each turn if a NATO unit is within range. Given that reality, there is no need for changing them then as regards the patrolling function.

Aaron, I recall my proposal for altering Spetznaz to PARTISAN type - they sound good as is...
07-06-2007, 01:21 PM,
I believe default detection from HPS is set at 5%.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
07-06-2007, 06:21 PM,
should it be higher?
07-06-2007, 10:39 PM,
Dont know, should it, shouldnt it, it would have to be looked at close during play testing which im sure HPS did to decide whats to much and whats to little.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
07-10-2007, 01:06 PM,
Wow...you should be applauded!cheers You have done a great job. I was soooooo exicited when FG85 and NGP85 came out...yet I was soooo disappointed with it as well. I always thought the OOB was not complete and it really showed in NGP where the Netherlands had no engineer units? That was only the beggining. I set out to do just what you have done and had the entire order of battle for both sides...I got to the complete order of battles together...but life just took over. So far things look great! You have done a great job!
07-10-2007, 03:26 PM,
Thanks i tried to improve upon the original scenario with a few changes in the oob. The oob wasnt really the focus it just ended up with some changes, the real focus was on AI and gameplay with more strategys and options. I am right now polishing up a whole new oob and during my research i found many glaring errors in the original oob which carried over to the oob for Total War, and HPS pulled alot of strings to make the original scenario work in the first place. Off the top of my head 4 US Bde, 5 Wger Bde that are on the original were stationed in southern Germany so shouldnt even be part of NGP or FG,and only 1 Bel Bde was even stationed in Germany. But good news is all the errors have been removed and values change so theres a bigger difference between MOT INF and MECH INF, and ENG they shouldnt have the same hard att values as a Mech inf unit. Hope u enjoy the scenario, let me know how things go im working on a new one that will make most others obsolete and always looking for feedback to incorporate in the new scenario.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
07-11-2007, 12:01 PM,
Tazaaron,

If you want, you can give me your e-mail address and I will send you what I have fininshed on the order of battle. I have the complete order of battle for NATO and the Soviets....I'm not positive if I fininshed up the Soviets, but I have it and its very detaled and very good. I checked everything against at least three sources. I was really close to fininshing the OOB and starting the game. But you will be very impressed and it is all ready to cut and paste as you see fit into your own OOB...trust me it is very extensive.
08-06-2007, 09:10 AM,
I don't see this scenario on H2H or as part of a post. Can anyone give me a pointer to the latest version?

Cheers,
Fury
08-06-2007, 12:05 PM,
I was informed big scenarios dont get tested properly in H2H so had to go a different route, eventually its going to be posted up on Glenns site when hes back from vacation but for now its posted on this thread down below, question i have for ya is we are going to start testing the new game built from ground up tomorrow, i have 7 testers already but could always use more.

Aaron

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...#pid221674
Rangers Lead the Way